Certain creature tokens not triggering creature type effects as expected

Options
Tsabo
Tsabo Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Apologies if this has already been brought to the dev's attention. I checked the first several pages of threads and didn't see anything similar.

There are a number of spells and effects that summon creature tokens that do not trigger "when is summoned/destroyed" effects. The two main instances of this I know of are:

-Hour of Eternity zombie tokens do not trigger "zombie comes into play" effects, e.g. for Vizier of the Anointed or Prized Amalgam, and I imagine they also wouldn't trigger "when a zombie is destroyed" effects either (though I have not yet confirmed this). I assume any other cards that summon 4/4 zombie tokens would probably have this issue as well. Came across this one a while ago and haven't checked if it still occurs since the update, so it could be fixed.
-Warrior tokens summoned by Steward of Solidarity and probably other cards (e.g. Cartouche of Solidarity) do not seem to trigger effects dependent on the Human creature type, e.g. Westvale Abbey's -0/-5 effect when a human is destroyed, though it's possible that's the only case of this issue with Warrior tokens. I only came across it today, so I can't confirm if other Human type-dependent triggers are affected.

Has anyone else come across tokens that do not work as expected with creature type effects?

edit: fixed line breaks that didn't work for some reason.

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The warrior tokens aren't explicity human despite having a human depicted on the art. The way Amonkhet's lore works, those tokens could be human, but they could also be a jackal or a minotaur, or a naga, or even an aven as all those races are also warrior types on that world.