Questions about points in Alliance battles

blood6338
blood6338 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
I was just wondering why when I completed all the fights on the first round in Civil War, and scored about 60K points, that some of my Alliance members scored more like 78K.  How is this possible?  Am I missing something?  I asked them and they don't seem to know why either so reaching out here.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Did you beat the first round and move on to the 2nd? Every round is worth more points 
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    If all of your wins were in round 1, and your mates had a few in round 2 than that is the difference 
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Polly_P1 said:
    If all of your wins were in round 1, and your mates had a few in round 2 than that is the difference 
    What I was about to say
  • blood6338
    I can't move on to the next round yet.  I completed each node fight and boss fight and now it's locked until 7pm.  I believe the nodes open up about an hour earlier but it's only 4pm here.  I did the fights within the first hour of Civil War opening.  Is it a timing issue?  In other words, did it open earlier for those with more points due to being in different time zones?
  • Coulson_Lives
    Coulson_Lives Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Basically just don't be the one to clear all of your side nodes in round 1.  Save some for when it flips to round 2 and 3
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Just keep playing each time it's available. It all evens out in the end. Each successive round is worth more points.
  • blood6338
    Ah...I think I follow you.  Thanks for the info.  I hadn't followed how the rounds change.  I always wondered why I did round 1 and waited until the next window to play and suddenly I'm in round 4.  That makes sense.
  • donpidgeon
    donpidgeon Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    So annoying that you are being punished for getting an early start in the event. Now all my sub-nodes are on a 8 hour cooldown and everyone else is raking in points.

Of course, it's an alliance event so everyone works towards the same goal, but for the personal progression goal I am already 40k behind just because I fought in the first 2 rounds.

Sub-nodes should reset whenever a round is cleared.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    40k points is pretty irrelevant by the end of the event.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    So annoying that you are being punished for getting an early start in the event. Now all my sub-nodes are on a 8 hour cooldown and everyone else is raking in points.

Of course, it's an alliance event so everyone works towards the same goal, but for the personal progression goal I am already 40k behind just because I fought in the first 2 rounds.

Sub-nodes should reset whenever a round is cleared.
    The key is coordination with alliance. You can’t hit personal progression on your own and need you ally members to step up in order to hit the later rounds and higher point nodes. 40k May appear insurmountable now but later is the value of one round 7 boss node and a negligible deficit in the grand scheme of the event. 

If side nodes refreshed on every boss round clear, my alliance (and multiple others that coordinate from the start) would be finished before the next 8 hour refresh. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    If 12 people in an alliance clear just the boss node, with no side nodes, you'll advance to round 2 with all your side clears available to you. I'm not sure what the math on round 2 looks like but the basic gist is that if you have everyone in your alliance working on it, you should be able to get a little further than you can with just a few heavy hitters doing all the work quickly.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    If 12 people in an alliance clear just the boss node, with no side nodes, you'll advance to round 2 with all your side clears available to you. I'm not sure what the math on round 2 looks like but the basic gist is that if you have everyone in your alliance working on it, you should be able to get a little further than you can with just a few heavy hitters doing all the work quickly.
    I believe that one hit on the boss node from each Alliance member (assuming a full Alliance) is enough to clear round 2.