Fell Flagship wording

Options
James13
James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
Fell flagship does not force discard on attack as stated on the card text.  But it does however make other attacking pirates you control each force discard on attack.  I actually prefer this a little, but the text should reflect the card effect better.

Thanks!

Comments

• ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options

I don't have this card but it seems like the original spoiled version of it indicates what it currently does. Can you confirm if the other pirates get the +1/+0 as seen in this image or the +2/+0 as seen on the in game version?
  • James13
    Options
    They get +2/0
  • HelloKitty
    HelloKitty Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have this card. The discard feature doesnt work.
  • James13
    Options
    I have this card. The discard feature doesnt work.
    It does work, sorta.  Just not as stated on the current card.  Other pirates you control will force discard while it is in play.  Hence the post here.
  • Tunist
    Tunist Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It gives the discard ability to your other pirates rather than itself.  Additionally it is inconsistent in when it counts as a pirate.  It counts as a pirate for triggering the Yarghh! support gem from Vraska's second ability exploring and giving you a treasure.  However it does not count as a pirate for Fathom Fleet Captain giving you no token pirate.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tunist said:
    It gives the discard ability to your other pirates rather than itself.  Additionally it is inconsistent in when it counts as a pirate.  It counts as a pirate for triggering the Yarghh! support gem from Vraska's second ability exploring and giving you a treasure.  However it does not count as a pirate for Fathom Fleet Captain giving you no token pirate.

Actually, I just started playing with it and the Fell Captain and I noticed it DID create the token pirate with Fell Flagship in play. The two together are a pretty mean pair with the way the current working of Flagship is. I think the wording just needs to be fixed.