Civil War - Boss doesn't unlock after node clear

Options
Borstock
Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
Three different members of my alliance, including myself, have experienced a bug where the Boss mission remains locked after having cleared a node. For me, it happened after the third node clear. You can still clear a second node in a row, but I have stopped trying because a person in my alliance did that and the Boss mission still remained locked. We have submitted support tickets.

Update: After 30 minutes, my Boss mission became selectable. I don't know why or if my alliance mates have also experienced the same thing.

Update 2: I haven't experienced the OP bug again, but my alliance mates have. I have also experienced the Boss mission not unlocking from a round transition, if that's a bug and not just a change from last time. Team IM.

Update 3:  I did experience the bug again after what I think was the same node as the first time. It was Phoenix, Xavier, and whoever they team with. After beating that node, the Boss didn't unlock. I would say this could be the problem, but it seems the issue is more widespread based on the replies tot his thread.

Comments

• Ctaggart
    Ctaggart Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    We're having the same problem. Losing out on points. We started with Team Iron Man
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
    We also started with Team Iron Man, the Boss node didn't unlock after finishing a round. Tried to restart the app but still locked.

Edit update: the Boss unlocked when both round 1s had been beaten, so I think it is working as intended, at least for us.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same here. Boss hasn't unlocked after finishing a round. 
  • VariableJ
    VariableJ Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same! Alliance just unlocked Round 4 on Team Iron Man and I still can't do the sub or boss nodes.
  • Norinth
    Norinth Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same. Doesn't reset at all after >4 hours and 3 rounds. Several people in our alliance are facing the same (perhaps everyone).
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Question for the people having this problem: are both bosses locked and is the node on the opposite side locked?
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Seems like Team Iron Man is bugged.  Boss has not unlocked after 4 round flips. However, it did open after Team Cap side flipped to round 2.  

Our sister alliance is doing Team Cap and got boss unlocks every round.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have the required characters for both bosses but they are locked for me
  • slakrr
    slakrr Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have all required characters. Last node and boss is locked in team cap, last four nodes and boss is locked in team IM... they have been locked for last 2+ hours and are due to renew in 1 hour...
  • VariableJ
    Options
    Question for the people having this problem: are both bosses locked and is the node on the opposite side locked?
    Both bosses locked. Every node locked out.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, it happened to me in our alliance.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options
    same on my alliance

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Same. Team Iron Man, boss node does not unlock after clearing the round.

If you're in a more casual alliance, like mine, this materially affects progression.
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My boss also didn't unlock after round 1.   We are also doing team Iron Man
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Taganov said:

If you're in a more casual alliance, like mine, this materially affects progression.
    agreed, this definitely affects progression especially knowing that quite a lot of our alliance members are going to be locked out of being competitive in the later rounds!
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,558 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Taganov said:

Exactly same issue here: Round 4 in Iron Man and Boss node has only opened after beating side nodes and not after round clears.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i have yet to get a single boss unlock this event; other in my alliance have, few of them consistently.
  • VariableJ
    Options
    I've logged the issue with customer service and followed up when I got locked out of Round 6. Now it's happened again on round 7.

Has there been no official comment on this issue through other channels? @Brigby or @Tombstone or anyone know what is going on? I'm really starting to think I'm not going to be able to get my individual progression.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'll pass this information along to the team and let you know once I get an update on this issue.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Just to dive a bit deeper into this issue, is everyone playing on the same team for the entirety of the event, or did some of you go back and forth between completing nodes on either team?