R146 Hot Fixes (2/15/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Below you will find a list of the notable hot fixes from R146 daily patches. This will be updated when a new notable hot fix is introduced into the game:

"Fastball Special" Now Triggers "Sentinel of Liberty"
Both Steve Rogers (Captain America) and Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)'s yellow abilities, Sentinel of Liberty, are now eligible for Fastball Special
  • When activated this way, the ability will select random tiles to turn into yellow protect tiles

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will 5Cap be made throwable as well?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Yes! Finally! My Colossus/Steve Rogers/Wasp team is going to wreak havoc on the MPQ-sphere!

The sad part is the devs probably think you're serious and might nerf this team for being overpowered!
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone actually use Colossus unless required?  Like, ever?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Back when he was one of like 5 or 6 3* champs and I had 0 4* champs.  It's been a while...
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Back in my 3* days I ran Colossus, GSBW and Patch. I used Patch to tank and heal while collecting black so I could use Fastball Special to get free damage / board shake power from GSBW's green or red power.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Back when there weren’t many 4*s, no champions and no 5*s, I used Colossus, Hulk and Groot in SHIELD Sim. Biggest healthpool in the 3* tier, big strike tiles, AoE, board shake, damage mitigation by Colossus, true healer (Groot) and the satisfaction of throwing Groot and Hulk around.

That sounds super slow.. I'd hit that all day.. I hit anything with Colossus.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Back in my day... 

I remember using Cyclops with Lazy Cap, and Iron Fist. FAR from the four star use. But You would hope for Black and Puprple, and use Cap to generate Free Red and Blue, because I think, you couldn't get his Yellow. Which was fine because you kept using Colossus to tank. And save Frail Frail Danny. 

It worked ok, not great, But I think at that point, we had seen the monster that was Thoress, and how much she demolished everything, we remembered when X-Force Wolverine was a god, and his Surgical Strike not only did, like, the health bar of the biggest tank in the game most uses, but also drained their strongest AP colour to... zero, or by ten, it was gross. I think though we had already also had the EotS event and Elektra was out, Avengers was coming, and we were all psyched for like a dozen releases, but with the number of 4*'s going from, TWO to 6(?) we knew none of the three stars would be relevant by this time next year. Which was really sad. I kinda wish we had had more time with just the three star tier. 

But yeah, Colossus was actually used once upon a time. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ctenko said:
    So was X-Force Wolverine.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Anon said:
    Ctenko said:
    Member when his Black Not only reduced their strongest AP, but the tiles you destroyed GENERATED AP? 

And his green did like 4 k damage then tiles. And the highest healthpool in the game was like 15k or something. And you could just go to the prologue and use his yellow.

He was such a monster.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ctenko said:
    Anon said:
    Ctenko said:
    Member when his Black Not only reduced their strongest AP, but the tiles you destroyed GENERATED AP? 

And his green did like 4 k damage then tiles. And the highest healthpool in the game was like 15k or something. And you could just go to the prologue and use his yellow.

He was such a monster.
    He was just a nightmare in the making. I know the original X-Force was trash but did they ever stop and ask themselves "Is this too much?" when they buffed him.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *Please stay on topic of the OP. Thanks!*