Across Ixalan 2nd Node Freezing [Fixed in 2.4.1]

Options
Krishna
Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
So this is causing problems for people, Including me. The 2nd node of Across Ixalan freezes(due to the special game mechanics I presume), forcing you to quit. But since there are only two charges per node, if it happens twice ( or once and you lose one to Omni (like me)) then you cant progess any more and leaves you losing rewards and super grumpy . @Brigby please pass this on to the devs so hopefully it can get fixed soon!!!!

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I tried the event, and in both games I played, I reached a state where the game was unresponsive.  I could not swipe gems, open my hand, or view my planeswalker abilities.  I could still view the log and quit the game (thanks for nothing!).

This first node involves treasures being created each three turns.  The first treasure, at the start of the event, is fine.  I wonder if the bug is related to the game trying to create a new treasure token.

Players: Don't drop your crystals on this event!

Developers: Have you ever playtested a new event before releasing it?  Because this is not the first time I've encountered a problem that could have been identified by playing the game just one time.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I played 4 games without issue. 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I played five games without any problems, but know of two people running into this same bug.
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I tried the event, and in both games I played, I reached a state where the game was unresponsive.  I could not swipe gems, open my hand, or view my planeswalker abilities.  I could still view the log and quit the game (thanks for nothing!).

This first node involves treasures being created each three turns.  The first treasure, at the start of the event, is fine.  I wonder if the bug is related to the game trying to create a new treasure token.

Players: Don't drop your crystals on this event!

Developers: Have you ever playtested a new event before releasing it?  Because this is not the first time I've encountered a problem that could have been identified by playing the game just one time.
    My game was unresponsive too. I finally suitted then figured out that I was unable to log back (faceFace issue). Maybe that's related ?
  • Sinitar
    Sinitar Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Just happened to me my card came into play then nothing... Wish the game was at least smart enough to know when you had to force close so you didn't get penalized in the event

Update:started another match only made it to turn 5 before it happened again...sigh
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Brigby It has just happened to me right now in Across Ixalan's second node.

Creating a ticket to support. 
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And here I go again, from a positive vibe with the release and everything flowers and rainbows (well not really, but at least putting me into a constructive mindset) to being all pissed and upset because the new event is a total fiasco!
    Got two charges on the first node, played both matches effortlessly (it's not that difficult really), only for the AI to freeze at the beginning of a turn (they didn't match anything and I couldn't do anything to continue... so it was an auto-loss).
    My guess is that this bug is related to the popup screen of treasures:
    - Do your turn.
    - As the turn ends, click on the bottom button to get the list of objectives, or click on one of your supports to open it in a popup (or I presume highlight a card in your hand or your planeswalker details).
    - In parallel opponent turn starts, but no treasure popup is presented.
    => AI is stuck, you are stuck, match is practically frozen.

Bottom line: I missed a fourth day of purples, wasted 20 crystals and am watching other players get ahead while I am left here going all "bluh bluh bluh" staring at the new elite packs with only a few jewels missing to grab one.  :(
  • sutoLkcalB
    sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Happened to me on the second node of 
    It is hanging during my turn.
    No treasure tokens, no action ongoing at all. It simply hangs after I have drawn my card.

When fun turns into depression ... will there ever be an improvement.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Each fight of each node carries a possible total point value of 15. Therefore, even if you have to skip two of them, you can still manage to hit max progression of 40 points. In fact, you can do that in a minimum total of three fights, if you choose.

I do agree that it's a problem and needs to be fixed. Bugs must be squished. However, I 100% disagree with you that if you lose both fights on a single node, you cannot make progression. That is just untrue.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What Krishna meant, I believe, is that he couldn’t play the third node at all after losing twice on second. That should not happen. One of my coalition mates had the exact same problem.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Having to win once is how TotP worked and that is the one thing (other than the event description, that doesn’t appear to meet this event) that did carry over. 
  • Krishna
    Options
    Matthew said:
    Each fight of each node carries a possible total point value of 15. Therefore, even if you have to skip two of them, you can still manage to hit max progression of 40 points. In fact, you can do that in a minimum total of three fights, if you choose.

I do agree that it's a problem and needs to be fixed. Bugs must be squished. However, I 100% disagree with you that if you lose both fights on a single node, you cannot make progression. That is just untrue.
    Try this out for me Matthew. next Across Ixalan, force quit the first node two times. Let me know how that goes
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Krishna said:
    Try this out for me Matthew. next Across Ixalan, force quit the first node two times. Let me know how that goes
    Yeah, I didn't realize that's what you were getting at. Apologies, man. I'll go eat some crow now :-/
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The team is aware of the Across Ixalan freezes and are currently investigating. Once I have some more information to share, I'll be sure to update everyone. Apologies for the inconvenience, but thank you for your patience!
  • Krishna
    Options
    Thanks @Brigby, appreciate it. Sorry for the sarcasm there, Its hard to turn off sometimes. I missed breakfast
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Due to the frequency and severity of this issue, we have decided to cancel the Across Ixalan event until it is fixed. To make up for this, the next time we run the event, there will be no entry cost to enter the event. Thank you for understanding!
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Options
    2nd node just freeze. And then, right now, the event just desapeared !? I think there was time left, wasn't it ?

Edit : ok , so after a long day at work I finally get a chance to play Across Ixalan. I lost a match du to the bug. Ok. I kill the app and restart. Then I won a match worth ten point but... You guys decided to cancel the event in between ! Fine, I just missed 11 purple crystals. Not to talk about the classic crystals I might have won. And I'm supposed to be happy with the next event being free ? Well, think harder next time.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the treasures freezing things... I want to point something out that _possibly_ isn't related but might be.

The very first time you create a new token support or creature the game behaves very differently from the first time you see a new card. (On iOS anway)

When you get a new card it pops up straight away but the picture is blank and takes a second or two to load (longer if you have a bad connection at the time.)

When you get a new token support or creature it does NOT pop it up, the entire game freezes until it loads the picture and _then_ it pops up and goes back to normal. It should behave like the normal cards instead, popup the text and backfill the picture when it can.

But it has me wondering... What happens if your connection is really bad and it can't successfully load the picture at all? Would that cause this freeze?

• Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2nd node wasn’t freezing for me
  • Krishna
    Options
    Grixis197 said:
    2nd node wasn’t freezing for me
    it didnt seem to affect a ton of people, which is good.

Also, "The Golden City is yours for the taken!"?? Brigby seriously who do I gotta talk to to get on the team as an editor. I do great work