A month in the game and a Wakandian milestone!

theslash
theslash Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right section but I wanted to share this one!
I've been around for 33 days or so in the game and today I woke up to a good surprise that put a smile on my face:

This was my first 1st position in a PvE or PvP event, made possible by a 10 covers Dr.Strange and a 11 covers IM40 alongside a champed 3Mags! This is even better considering that Black Panther is my favourite hero in the Marvel universe (and this evening I'll see him in the big screen!)

Comments

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    763 points !? What scl is that.  Did you start he event 5min before it ended?
    Well done
  • theslash
    edited February 2018
    evade420 said:
    763 points !? What scl is that.  Did you start he event 5min before it ended?
    Well done
    Thank you! 
    I'll explain what I did: I totally forgot about that PvP event because I didn't really like the 3 covers of Ares and Dpool (but I loved those Dr.Strange and Mags covers of the past event in which I ended up 5th) until yesterday evening. In Italy it was 00:30 and the event would have ended at 5:30 in the morning, so I pushed for an entire hour from 400 points to 800 without losing a game (probably a lot of luck in not being attacked in the meantime) trying to go as fast as I could even switching Magneto to Thanos in the easiest fights, and when I got attacked (losing 60 points) I decided to do a last fight and shield for 7 hours. I went to sleep and woke up to a beautiful "1" and a lot of satisfaction! 
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Well done, I would say your points total is just as impressive as the 1st place. Out of interest, how often do you hit this point total?
  • theslash
    thisone said:
    Well done, I would say your points total is just as impressive as the 1st place. Out of interest, how often do you hit this point total?
    I'll be honest, this is a first time for me because I never tried a fast climb with Dr.Strange (that I only recently discovered with the PvE event and the covers I got) so I basically found myself pushing it reward after reward, I wanted to get to 900 for Psylocke (If I recall correctly) but I gave up when I got attacked :)
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    theslash said:
    thisone said:
    I'll be honest, this is a first time for me because I never tried a fast climb with Dr.Strange (that I only recently discovered with the PvE event and the covers I got) so I basically found myself pushing it reward after reward, I wanted to get to 900 for Psylocke (If I recall correctly) but I gave up when I got attacked :)
    Ah ok, still you can see it can be done with the right boosted characters. Hopefully you can replicate your success. 
  • DieMyDarling
    DieMyDarling Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    You should be proud. I've been playing for three years and have never hit a 1st place finish in any event.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you play SCL 5 or 6? Good job getting number 1. What levels are your opponents' team? I miss the day when I could play PvP SCL 4 or 5.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats on your first first! ゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v
  • theslash
    Thank you everyone!  <3

Did you play SCL 5 or 6? Good job getting number 1. What levels are your opponents' team? I miss the day when I could play PvP SCL 4 or 5.
    It was SCL 5!
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Nice work!  I snuck in 7th last minute.  I don't have much of a Strange so it was a bit brutal.  Wish I would have looked at the 900 pt rewards and locked/jumped to get the yellow Strange cover.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I got to 83 in SCL9. Two Ares covers, 3 elite tokens and 25 hp. Not bad for 19 minutes of work.