Who is a better fit for 4Rocket/4Gamora Chavez, Mockingbird, or Rogue ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
I was curious which of Chavez, Mockingbird, or Rogue you guys think is a better fit with a 4Rocket/4Gamora team ?

I have a lot of ISO right now and within a few covers of leveling and champing at some point Chavez, Mockingbird, or Rogue. I can't decide which would work better with 4Rocket/Gamora. I have 11 covers for Mockingbird and Rogue, and just 7 for Chavez right now. 

Chavez I have questions on if her traps and critical tiles would end up wiping Rockets strikes off the board too fast, although her red power boosting her match damage sounds pretty good with lots of strikes out. I am curious however if for Chavez to get the boost in match damage, if the colors she matches has to have her icon on them or her being the strongest in those colors. Or if someone else has a stronger say yellow or green will Chavez's red then not boost the match damage for that color. 

Mockingbird seems solid with a strong red if the countdowns aren't matched. The yellow is nice with any team not just 4Rocket/Gamora, and the purple seems pretty useful too. 

Rogue might not have the same synergy  with 4Rocket/Gamora but her green/red are pretty darn good, and her yellow makes a great tank for any team. 

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    America does end up taking out a significant number of Grocket Strikes. Especially if you're using AP boosts to give her a jump start.

Rogue, I don't really know. I haven't used her much.

Mockingbird seems to me like the best option of the three here. In addition to her actual powers, she's the only one of them who has purple as a strong colour, which covers the one gap Grockamora leave in the rainbow, at least as far as match damage is concerned. And yeah, her passive is really obnoxious to face and I prefer her red to Gamora's.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need someone who can double-dip into Grocket's strikes, which is why Medusa is ever their third. But there are other good choices, like C&D who can passively spam more attack tiles than Medusa with enough black on the board, Unfortunately neither Rogue, Mockingbird, nor Miss America offer much synergy. They shine on other teams though and they're all worth champing.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    You need someone who can double-dip into Grocket's strikes, which is why Medusa is ever their third. But there are other good choices, like C&D who can passively spam more attack tiles than Medusa with enough black on the board, Unfortunately neither Rogue, Mockingbird, nor Miss America offer much synergy. They shine on other teams though and they're all worth champing.
    The real get from C&D, though, is feeding gamora's black. XFDP is also a decent counterpick when fighting other grockmoras in the sim. You can usually take down an enemy medusa in like 2-3 turns with him
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    None of those seem like particularly great matches for Grootmora. Rogue has full color overlap on her actives so she's just a meat shield for them, and America is really best with 5*s for insane crits. I guess I'd go with Mockingbird - she can generate some extra AP and possibly give free powers, and her red hits pretty hard.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I have all 3 of them champed, and they all get run for different scenarios. 

America Chavez - Against goons. I've never considered her trap tiles overriding strikes, or whether it matters if her icon is on the tile, because everything just dies so quickly. I would imagine it takes a pretty significant string of bad luck for her critical tiles and trap tiles to overwrite all your stuff, but I suppose it's possible. My America is is still Lv 272, so she's rarely tanking enough colors with my other 4-star champs for me to consider running her at anything but 3/5/5. In either case, normally her passives plus RBGamora's augmented damage usually ends things too quickly for it to matter much. 

Mockingbird - Tile Movers. I don't like using RBGamora against tile-movers to begin with, but Mockingbird's yellow passive makes things interesting. I normally save AP when fighting with RBGamora anyway because I'm relying on match damage first before I start shooting abilities, and I can also usually expect opposing tile-movers to get lucky with match 4/5s, so Mockingbird rewards me for the quite handsomely. Getting off one of either Mockingbird or Gamora's abilities for free is guaranteed to change the tide of battle instantly, so she's certainly fun to bring along if I absolutely have to use RBGamora against punks who can match away my tiles. 

Rogue - Most seldom used with the RBGamora personally, but I can see how it would be devastating on paper. Rogue's green allows you to supercharge one of RBG or Gamora's abilities instantly, since they all require less AP than what it takes for Rogue to fire "Power Siphon". So use it on a character who's strongest color is blue for example, and with one match you've got Gamora's stun ready to go, etc. This one is trickier because there is more than one "right" way to use Rogue for a team. I definitely surround her with a different team depending on if I'm going against tile movers or goons, but with RBGamora, she should get the job done with either. Yes there is color overlap, but I rarely use Gamora's in favor of her black & blue, and I rarely use RBG's green due to it more often than not passively matching my own special tiles.