Has there been a change of PVE nodes points quantities?

ChattyWhacker
ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
Hey everyone,

I've been playing bare minimum in PVE to get all progression rewards which in the past was just hitting all 4 of the essential nodes and the top 3 difficulty nodes 4 times.  So, basically, it was at minimum clearing nodes 31 nodes which includes 1 clears with the 3 easy nodes.  I usually would make full progression on the last sub-event around running halfway through the essential nodes.

However, recently I've been barely getting across the full progression finish line by hitting all of the nodes 4 times and even having to grind down those nodes past their fourth clears to hit the final reward.  So, it has become a minimum of clearing the nodes 40 times which doesn't even make the mark at the end of the event.

Now I understand that going for full progression should be a time investment and even though I have a competent selection of undercovered 5*'s that it doesn't mean I should be handed the full progression rewards on a silver platter because of the points in the 5* essentials.  Still, I am a little bewildered with the change of having to clear all the nodes more than 4 times to reach full progression.  In the past, full progression was tied to all the nodes being cleared 4 times which was before the introduction of 5* essential nodes.

In case it is relevant, I play SCL 9 PVE's and I could probably alleviate the hassle of getting all the rewards by taking a lower SCL.  Still, I wanted to know if others have noticed this and I was also wondering if there has been an explanation for this change.

Comments

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    It changed a while ago from 4 clears required to 5.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    It changed a while ago from 4 clears required to 5.

That was only if you skipped the 5e node. Depending on the non-repeatable or wave nodes, it's about 4 (2 for wave) clears of every node, including the 5e, to get full progression in SCL8. I guess for SCL9, you could skip the easy ones too

But to answer the OP's question, this last event's 5e node was undervalued, worth only as much as the 2e node. Which obviously throws the math off.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Fair enough. But either way it doesn’t really take an awful lot of grind to get to max progression.
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    You need to clear 5 of 6 on a node and wave node 3 of 4 to get full reward
  • Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Kmjakob said:
    Only if you cleared those initially. If you wait for points to regen it is less
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t know which events you played exactly, but the FFW and DPvMPQ have wonky points in the 5E nodes making them worth less points. 

Also, some events have really dramatic point increases in later days so that could be impacting things too.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Jomu5 said:
    Kmjakob said:
    Only if you cleared those initially. If you wait for points to regen it is less
    You'll have to do 5 clears eventually -- since points start to regen after 4 clears (2 for waves), there's no regen to speak of until you hit that threshold. What's true is that you can do fewer in some earlier subs (since points tend to increase as it gets later in the event) and then pick up the slack with more optimal runs in later days of the event.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way to get max progression in PvE (if you're skipping the 5* node):
    5 clears of every node (time is irrelevant, you'll get more points waiting for recharge but an initial 5 will get it)

The way to get max progression in PvE (if you're including the 5* node):
    4 clears of every node (time is irrelevant because no recharge till the 3rd)

If the node is a wave vs normal just subtract 2 (so 3 clears for no 5* and 2 clears for with 5*)

Like what @aesthetocyst said.
    For my money what I do is SCL8 most events.  I go up to SCL9 when I have the 5* essential championed as that nullifies most of the extra time/difficulty (especially on the 5* node)