Extra covers

Davidw
Davidw Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
I currently have Mockingbird at 2/5/1. So what do I draw from last two Legends packs? Yellow covers. The ones I don’t need. That gives me a total of 5 4* covers that I’m able to use because I’m maxed in their color while only having 1-2 in the other colors (I’m maxed out on Prof X blue and purple but have 0 yellow). 

Thete has has to be someway to either trade covers or get to chose which colors you get. 

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Davidw said:
    Thete has has to be someway to either trade covers or get to chose which colors you get. 
    Been discussed to death mate. Nothing will change (as it promotes more spending) the only way to avoid it is to horde until you can guarantee a usable set.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Back before championing was introduced, I reckon the purpose of this was to stretch out the end game: you're not done when you've collected 13 covers for a character: you'll need to sell covers until you get the right 13 covers.

The system gained a new value (to the developers) with championing: don't stop pulling/buying covers until you've got the right 13, since that will let you spend (buy?) a lot of Iso to make those wasted covers usable again.

There's obvious limits to this when the odds get too low, which explains why they have the ad-hoc latest 5* cover swap policy.  I guess they consider the 4* covers common enough.  And with bonus heroes, the pull rate for an individual hero probably is.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obviously it doesn't apply in this situation, but if you pull the "wrong" 13th cover, make sure to hold onto it in your queue. Occasionally the HfH store gives a special offer to buy the 4* cover you need
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Unless you've got deep enough pockets to become a whale, the only way to love this game long-term is to embrace the zen of selling covers. In the last month or so I had to bite the bullet and sell about a half-dozen 4* covers that I already had at 5, and my first 5* cover at 5 (red Phoenix). The annoying factor is exactly the point to inspire you to shell out for HP to purchase additional slots/token draws (although due to randomness, you might just wind up making the problem worse). This won't get changed any time soon because it's not a bug; it's a feature.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just sell them and forget about it, dude. I sold like six purple Mockingbird covers before I got her completed. It's gonna happen, they aren't gonna change it. Don't waste your time stressing about it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best way to eliminate cover waste is to not get it in the first place.  Hoard until you you can statistically use any/all covers you can.  The games a marathon, not a sprint, you plan for a marathon.  I've champed 3/4ths of 4*s with little waste until recently be effective planning.  I've recently started excepting some waste for remaining 4*s (because they're all pretty low importance) and some for max champed 3*s, but that's primarily because I moved up into 5* tier earlier than I had planned.  By breaking my plan I'm paying for it with waste.  However the benefits outweigh it right now and you decide where that line is for you.