I championed 4* Gamora, and instantly regretted it

Options
2»

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey alliance mate

give Medusa/Gamora/Rocket a run if you havent, you wont regret it!
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I actually ran Grocket/Gamora/5* Thanos (or 3* Fist) last night for the Venom event, and man it was crazy.  I think it was more due to Grocket (that dude is insane!), but I blew threw the standard nodes in like 5 min.  I didn't get much chance to use Gamora, but found her black and blue were pretty cheap and effective.

I'll try Medusa in the next go.

Thanks!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yes with those 3, all the standard nodes are over in 2 turns max (and with no self damage compared to a Thanos team that could complete it in one turn)

if its a higher level node, try to chase 6 blue early to get Gamoras stun out, and match Medusa's countdown whenever you can as the damage really escalates with more of her attack tiles out
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like her even before champ, tend to pair her with spidey & Bullseye to use her black’s passive.

insta kill when conditions are right.
    :)
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gamora is one of the best 4*s, not least for being a Guardian to pair with Grocket.

Wait till you’re hate-champing the garbage tier for rewards, now that is soul-destroying  :D 

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub said:
    I actually ran Grocket/Gamora/5* Thanos (or 3* Fist) last night for the Venom event, and man it was crazy.  
    For Venom Bomb, 3Strange has been boosted. Put him with Gamora and Grocket and you'll tear those symbiotes a new one.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    heybub said:
    I actually ran Grocket/Gamora/5* Thanos (or 3* Fist) last night for the Venom event, and man it was crazy.  
    For Venom Bomb, 3Strange has been boosted. Put him with Gamora and Grocket and you'll tear those symbiotes a new one.
    Even with Strange boosted, I found Medusa was faster and easier. With Entanglement going, I was clearing even the hard nodes before they had time to fire more than a couple of powers. Getting way more damage off that consistent countdown than waiting for goon AP to build up.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TPF Alexis said:
    Even with Strange boosted, I found Medusa was faster and easier.
    It's nice to have options against those darned symbiotes, isn't it? My Strange is max-champed, so when he's boosted and buffed by Grocket's tiles that yellow damage is off the charts. Those symbiotes can't contain themselves when they start going and trigger his yellow 1-2 times a turn... basically committing suicide. I love it.

I can see where Medusa would provide more steady consistent damage right from turn 2 though.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it's awesome to be at a point where I can compare both options empirically and figure out which works best for my specific roster.

It actually took me a while to change over, because I went from not having Strange to having him champed between my first and second runs of Venom Bomb, and it was a completely different event with him, so he just became my default for it. There's a reason I always promote him to people getting into the 3* tier. He can turn nigh-impossible fights into downright easy ones when you're in that area.