Without essential 5* is there a benifit besides challenge to playing sc9, sc8 in PVE?

Polly_P1
Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
I am missing Thor, Archangel, and the new Ghostrider 5*, and am currently hoarding pulls to get to 300. When they are the 5* essential and I can’t play that node is there any benifit to playing SC9?

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's slightly higher rewards in progression all around, I think, but depending on your roster, the higher level enemies could add some extra time to your clears. That might not make the slightly elevated progression rewards worth it. 
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I usually clear all the progression rewards, but never place in top 50.  There is a 7 CP difference in progression rewards from SC8 and 9 with out the 5star. And with out the 5star I will be lucky to place in top 100 with getting the green check mark in all playable missions. I was just wondering if I missed a reason. Thanks!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a whopping 1300 more ISO in CL9 as well. I also thought there was a slight bump in HP (like 100 more), but they're exactly the same. 

I've played CL9 a few times, mostly in weeklong events where the CP difference is more pronounced. But the extra time it takes to do the clears isn't worth the meager increase in rewards in my opinion. Plus in CL8, I'm still pretty effective when it comes to placement, so my overall rewards tend to be better there than if I play CL9. Maybe when I champ a few more 5*s I'll try seriously playing at that level again, and that's still quite a ways off. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Top 50 and max progression is still possible if you join late on the first day and get in on a new bracket.  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally not,  but ultimately its more about what level placement is a reasonable expectation for time spent.  you can drop to 7 save a boat load of time and only sacrfice some CP,iso, hp and tokens.  or struggle to through bigger teams with that just sucks up time and health packs.  Everyone is willing to make different tradeoffs
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    There's a pretty good increase in rewards from 7 - 8 and if the boosted list is good or it's a non-Dark Avenger event I'll do 8...the jump from 8 to 9 doesn't seem worth it unless you're going for high level placement though.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Erm...no
    #nuffsaid