MPQ stats

Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
I was wondering if d3 posts how many people are playing MPQ now?   (Pve or PVP)  

your place is x out of 10000, but how many groupings out there...

just curious

adding at @Brigby for fun too...

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Data like that can often be commercially sensitive for F2P games, so it's very rarely published except in the abstract ("Marvel Puzzle Quest has more than 350k users!").
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can guesstimate a little from user tracking of flips here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g24uo61ITTveZrUGx4ZY5nMoJp-n1NCxq5r4WMhAJU0/htmlview

For example, I estimated about 40-60k played the Hunt based on 35k in reported flips in the top SCL’s.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I was always curious about those. So I guess it is a company decision if they announce those concurrent player messages
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I can say is the number of alliances participating in season has been steadily dropping, but that number doesn't say much. Lots of these alliances are one or two player alliances or 90% retired public ones.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    As Daiches said, player engagement has been dropping after the 2nd Anniversary. Before they did post some stats when hey were growing.  Now they don’t post anything about it.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know why anyone would expect a growing player base with this game, or any game that rewards roster building and high level characters.  A new player would have a mountain of covers to collect.  Ex:  A lot of new 5* players have Gambit champed.  Very few of those new 5* players have Bolt too (I am aware that this is not a perfect team, but they are very good on defense).  Plenty of vets have Bolt and can run them together.  After today (?) or tomorrow, anyone without a very good start on Gambit will be find it very hard to progress and compete in PVP for the foreseeable future.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
     After today (?) or tomorrow, anyone without a very good start on Gambit will be find it very hard to progress and compete in PVP for the foreseeable future.
    Until they announce Gambit's nerf, tomorrow, now that he's left  latest 3.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    bluewolf said:
     After today (?) or tomorrow, anyone without a very good start on Gambit will be find it very hard to progress and compete in PVP for the foreseeable future.
    Until they announce Gambit's nerf, tomorrow, now that he's left  latest 3.
    Don't be silly. They'll give him a fourstar feeder first, then nerf him next month when the next season starts. There's still a Little juice left to squeeze.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    The result screen normally has your alliance rank X out of Y. From there you can guess how many players by estimating number of players times Y alliances.