Venom Bomb event giving out Post-Event Venom Bomb tokens, not T'Challa and friends tokens [Fixed]

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's disappointing as its one less chance for a 4* black panther 

And one less chance to grab Shuri in her Shield Training
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Same here :(
  • thatgyemartin
    thatgyemartin Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Please fix this. 
  • mrgamesmaster
    mrgamesmaster Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Same as the rest. Came across it after finishing Archangel node first time.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sub 2 has the same issue. Not surprised, and I assume it will continues for the event. That’s 4 pulls we don’t get from playing the 5E.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the confusion. I will be sure to bring this to the team's attention, referencing this thread for further information, and provide any updates when I hear back from them. 
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    This was only mildly annoying last time, but this time it's a real bummer. A stockpiled token has much less value (IMO) than a token for a vault that includes the new 4* release.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    bigsmooth said:
    This was only mildly annoying last time, but this time it's a real bummer. A stockpiled token has much less value (IMO) than a token for a vault that includes the new 4* release.
    It's not just your opinion! :)
    Definitely a bummer.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Same issue. Very annoying
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Shouldn’t it be a Token for the T’Challa and Friends Vault, not a Post-Event Venom Bomb cache?
  • bluewolf
    jtmagee said:
    Shouldn’t it be a Token for the T’Challa and Friends Vault, not a Post-Event Venom Bomb cache?
    Yes, that is precisely the bug.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    jtmagee said:
    Please reread the title of this thread.
  • bluewolf
    I pulled my fourth and final "Venom Bomb" token from the 5E today in SCL9.  No fix on the fly, which I did not expect in the least, btw.  (Not a slight on developers!  Just an recognition of reality of being unable to fix an ongoing event.)

I hope that there is some update and possible reward of extra "and Friends" tokens before the store closes in about 2 1/2 days.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    You're on the forum long enough to know there's a bug and technical issues section, right?
    On the forum long enough to know that it doesn't matter where the thread is posted because if it's a bug that involves draw rates in the player's favor then it will get fixed within an hour. But if it involves anything else? Put on the back burner indefinitely.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I think this may have been fixed in today's patch. I beat the Archangel node and got the correct token.
  • mbaren
    Hrm.  I didn't, though I did it before the patch, so I don't know.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    bigsmooth said:
    I think this may have been fixed in today's patch. I beat the Archangel node and got the correct token.
    Same here. I think I played it after the daily patch went through.
  • bluewolf
    I’m happy for later slices getting a fix. I’m frustrated by no communication.  Slice 1 & 2 players missed out.
  • mbaren
    I reported this issue to CS around the same time I posted about it here - this was their response (from yesterday afternoon):

We appreciate you taking the time to report this issue. The developers are aware of the problem with the Venom Bomb event giving incorrect tokens and are currently investigating.
    In the meantime, we will place your ticket on hold until a solution has been found.
    If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.
    Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (CHS)

I must say, I find it a little odd that this response came in after the patch was apparently applied to fix the issue.  Not sure what's up with that, but it's weird.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I’m happy for later slices getting a fix. I’m frustrated by no communication.  Slice 1 & 2 players missed out.
    I got one in S2.