5* Balance of Power?

This is my first Balance of Power with 5*s, and I was surprised that everyone else (and eventually me) was running all or largely all 5* teams.  I thought Balance of Power generally rewarded playing with lower tier players who scaled more when blasted to lvl550.  Or is it just that I never got matched against the 5* teams before due to MMR?

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you mean Gambit?  Everyone was using Gambit. No iso block to having a 550 Gambit, and he is absolutely required to win.  Most people stopped playing this horrible event.

Mostly just Gambit/Thor/America for me.  But always Gambit.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, definitely a lot of gambit.  But plenty of GThor, DD, Thanos, etc as well.  Basically the same teams I see in every PvP these days.  

I get that people with covered, unchamped 5*s can play with them.  But I also thought higher tier characters generally didn’t work as well in this event because they got the smallest boost to 550.  That’s how I remember it working before at least.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran Medusa Gamora Grocket to first shield, never used my 5s.
    Also hopped with that team.

Nothing beat Gambolt America for speed hopping, though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I only saw 5* Gambit twice in BoP. I saw quite a number of G4mora and R4G though. My 1* Spiderman was tanking colours for my 3*. I was not pleased. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Gambit wasn’t needed, I was able to beat Gambit teams pretty easily with R&G/Gamora.  Target him first and he’s usually dead in 2-3 turns before he can do any real damage.

I did see more America and Rogue than usual.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 said:
    Gambit wasn’t needed, I was able to beat Gambit teams pretty easily with R&G/Gamora.  Target him first and he’s usually dead in 2-3 turns before he can do any real damage.

I did see more America and Rogue than usual.  
    Of course he wasn't needed to climb.

The fact that he was the fastest option to hop with speaks volumes to his brokenness, though.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    This BoP seemed to be much closer to the normal PvP than previous iterations.  I usually enjoy this event a lot more, because where outside of the 1-star Deadpool Daily node can Juggy and 1-star Spider Man get a work-out?  This time, in 4-star land, it was almost all Medusa/Gamora/Rocket...aka business as usual.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    This BoP seemed to be much closer to the normal PvP than previous iterations.  I usually enjoy this event a lot more, because where outside of the 1-star Deadpool Daily node can Juggy and 1-star Spider Man get a work-out?  This time, in 4-star land, it was almost all Medusa/Gamora/Rocket...aka business as usual.
    This was my experience as well, only the 5* version.  Sounds like it wasn’t for others though.  I wonder what the difference was for those who saw more variety?