Abilities that target "enemy special tiles" are able to target 'neutral' Hazard Tiles[Investigating]

Blindman13
Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
In both the 2* and 3* essential nodes in the first sub of the new Wakanda event Moonstone activated her Gravity Warp ability. The description of the ability says it moves "a random enemy Special tile".  
For all other abilities that target 'enemy' tiles, the new 'neutral' tiles are not effected.
Is this a bug with the tiles or Moonstone or the other abilities?

Edit - changed title to include all abilities that target "enemy special tiles" after seeing reports of 3* Doc Oc and 3* Hawkeye's black passives triggering off of the hazard tiles.
Apparently the hazards are counted as enemy "special" tiles, but not enemy "countdown" tiles for both teams.

Comments

• Blindman13
    I have verified that 4* Thor's Yellow which at 5 covers targets "enemy Strike, Attack, Protect, Countdown, or Repeater tiles" does not effect the Hazard tiles.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the Hazard tiles are now considered and treated as neutral countdown tiles that do not belong to either you nor the enemy teams. Because of this, powers that would normally effect friendly or enemy special or countdown tiles will not effect these unique special tiles. Hopefully this explanation helps resolve any confusion there might be regarding these types of special tiles. 

(Edit) Please forgive the oversight on my part. I'll discuss your concerns with our test team to see what might be causing this issue so they can resolve the problem that you've described with Hazard tiles being counted as enemy special tiles for certain abilities.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Tombstone said:
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the Hazard tiles are now considered and treated as neutral countdown tiles that do not belong to either you nor the enemy teams. Because of this, powers that would normally effect friendly or enemy special or countdown tiles will not effect these unique special tiles. Hopefully this explanation helps resolve any confusion there might be regarding these types of special tiles. 

(Edit) Please forgive the oversight on my part. I'll discuss your concerns with our test team to see what might be causing this issue so they can resolve the problem that you've described with Hazard tiles being counted as enemy special tiles for certain abilities.
    It's worth noting that based on the wording of Thanos's purple it should work on these:
    "Thanos deals an extra X% match damage and no tiles may be destroyed or change except by Thanos (tiles may still be moved and matched)"

I tested and Thanos's purple and it does not prevent the bombs from destroying tiles (not clear if it prevents new bomb tiles from forming, but I'd be surprised if it did).  Either it should or the wording of the move should be change.

Or just scrap these tiles all together, that'd be fine too.

• Blindman13
    Another ability that references “special” tiles is 4* Gamora’s Deadliest Woman. I had a board where all purple tiles were friendly strike and attack except for one purple Royal Shield countdown. At the start of my turn, Deadliest Woman triggered and downed the target, and turned all my strike and attack tiles back to normal, but left the Royal Shield alone.