Dark avengers? Again?

I love this game and normally hate to complain, but with all the new characters in the game, why am I fighting Daken and Moonstone in this new event? Daken? Seriously? DAKEN?  

Comments

• hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Well, on the other side, no Gambit, America Chavez or GOTG/R&G combos. Too hard - people complain, too easy - people complain... No happy medium.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I thought there was no way the Black Panther tie in would just reuse the Dark Avengers. We lost our offseason rebalances for this?

I do like these new hazard tiles that aren't enemy tiles. Does enemy damage too, lets Quake showoff her passive.

Little disappointing, but better than nothing
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Straycat said:
    I do like these new hazard tiles that aren't enemy tiles. Does enemy damage too, lets Quake showoff her passive.
    Yeah, Quake is a lifesaver in this sub, but those tiles always go off on the enemy turn and cascades after them don't give you a favor. Especially in 5* essentials. Sometimes very annoying.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I was excited for a new PVE event, but when I went in, there they were. Dark Avengers. Mocking me. “Oh you thought you were getting new villains? New goons! Waugh waugh!!!” Nelson laugh. Sad trombone. If the goal was to get me to actually hate a group of game villains then job done. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Well, on the other side, no Gambit, America Chavez or GOTG/R&G combos. Too hard - people complain, too easy - people complain... No happy medium.
    Yes, there's no happy medium when pve features the same 5 characters just as you've not-so-subtly complained that pvp consists of the same 5 characters.  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    And they do this right after the Dark Avengersest PvE in the entire list, The Hunt?

Good lord.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    And they do this right after the Dark Avengersest PvE in the entire list, The Hunt?

Good lord.
    That would be The Hulk event.
    But yeah.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

Good lord.
    But yeah.
    Do we know whats coming next, yet? Maybe its The Hulk event.  :D
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:

Good lord.
    But yeah.

Don't you even joke!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

Good lord.
    But yeah.

I think the new character announcement for Black Panther said it was Venom Bomb....so...yay?
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Bowgentle said:

Good lord.
    But yeah.
    You're all wrong.  That would be Heroics.

Edit: these have been shelved for a while now.   Here's hoping that they run the Hulk pve, then every heroic back to back. 
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Hopefully the aggravation of the dark avengers yet again will only occur in phase 1 of the event.  If Daken is leading the ultron bots as well.... argggg!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

Good lord.
    But yeah.
    You're all wrong.  That would be Heroics.

Edit: these have been shelved for a while now.   Here's hoping that they run the Hulk pve, then every heroic back to back. 
    With roster restrictions, yes Please, and old skool roster based scaling.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    When i read Dark Avengers again, i was less than enthusiastic. That is, until i encountered those hazard tiles. I'd kill for just Dark Avengers now.
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    Dogface said:
    When i read Dark Avengers again, i was less than enthusiastic. That is, until i encountered those hazard tiles. I'd kill for just Dark Avengers now.
    Agreed.  

Actually I never minded going up against the dark avengers so that didn't bother me and I was really excited for this event.  But my excitement is gone and I am just trying to grind out the Gamora cover.

But those exploding tiles are so frustrating.  When I use a good team to defeat the enemy they get shredded by the tiles, when I use a team that can provide defense against tiles I get shredded by the enemy team.

I don't mind getting shredded but if I am going to get beat I want the enemy to defeat me, not random tiles (goon bombs are file as they come from the enemy).

But on the flip side it does add a new challenge.  I just think they are overpowered for a three turn count down.  But that might just be that i didn't find the right strategy yet.

Edited to add:  While I am frustrated by the tiles i do appreciate the developers adding a new event and trying to make it different.  I don't think they get enough credit for their efforts.  

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this would be more palatable if Ares wasn't involved but his cheap green (which seems to get fed by the inevitable cascades) on top of the exploding bombs is a bit rough.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    everything except a new skin and the label "new story" costs money.
    don't forget which game we are discussing here.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:

New skins aren't free. Graphic designers want to get paid for their work too.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    ammenell said:

New skins aren't free. Graphic designers want to get paid for their work too.
    the intern does it for free.