Anyone have example point differences in the 5* node SCL7 vs SCL8?

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone have example point differences in the 5* node SCL7 vs SCL8?  

I haven't been able to find any looking on forums and wikis.  

Edited: Added that this is for the 5* required node.

Comments

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I don't have actual numbers, but I've been slumming in SCL7 for several of the most recent events and find that the initial point values tend to be on par with the trivial nodes, while in SCL8 they were probably closer in value to the final node or the 4* essential (assuming not waves, e.g. EoTS).
  • broll
    @JackTenrec

yeah that's what my memory tells me too.  I want to say the 5* essential in SCL7 was the same value of the lowest node.  In SCL8 it's the highest point value.  I'm looking for some exact number examples to figure out which is better doing SCL8 that's tough and stopping at 3 clears or doing and optimal 7 clears in SCL7 and how big that point difference generally is.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been my experience that outside of DP vs MPQ (where it is still at full points for some reason), the 5e node is actually less points than the easiest node. Right now we're talking like 150pts for a fresh clear vs the first story track node being over 200pts. My nodes are still recharging, so I don't know what full points actually are, but they are both around the same regeneration and there's a 50 point delta between them in favor of the basic goon node.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    In The Hunt, I think the first sub had it at 70 while the 2nd sub had it at 100. I'm in SCL7.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    That sounds accurate; I recall sub 1 being 70 as well.
  • broll
    Anyone remember the point the value of The Hunt sub 1 5* essential in SCL8 for comparison?
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    Anyone remember the point the value of The Hunt sub 1 5* essential in SCL8 for comparison?
    I don't remember the exact number, but it was well over 300.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    are people still updating the puzzle quest wikipedia?  I know they used to have the point values of all the pve missions listed under the event.  not sure if its been updated with the 5E stuff
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    The exact value varies from event to event. You can check the difference after initial clears are done. For sub 3, cl9: 23560, cl8: 23200, cl7: 20680
    so the 5E for cl8 is 90 points less and cl7 is 720 points less while cl9 is 860 points In general, values follow 100%, 90%, 10% or 20% pattern. As I said it varies from event to event.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    So... yes, this information has been gathered, it's in a google doc that is linked on the Discord Useful_Docs public linkdump channel.... 

http://tinyurl.com/MPQ-PVE-Details 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Now i get why top 100 PVE alliances want you to do at least SCL8..
  • broll
    @aesthetocyst

The stopping at 3 clears is only for the 5* node, I wasn't suggesting 3 clears on every node, that's certainly not max.  But 5 clears of every node but the 5* is supposed to be enough for progression alone. 

Anyway that wasn't the main point.  In an alliance conversation I was encouraging members that usually do SCL7 to do SCL8 for the new release.  One of them said last time they did SCL8 they couldn't beat the 3rd and/or 4th nodes.  I was pointing out that 2 clears of 5* E in SCL8 is worth more than an optimal 7 clears of 5* E in SCL7 (that's ridiculous btw).  Now not doing more than 2 or 3 5* clears is certainly gonna hurt your personal progression.  So my point was that unless you're right on the cusp of a major placement point normally (T10, T50, T100, etc) going up to SCL8 even if it's a struggle might be worth it for the alliance points.  Especially when you consider even if you drop below one of those lines you're only missing 1 4* that you then make up if you get the T100 alliance score.

Alliance placement has gotten a lot more frustrating lately with the 5* changes and especially the variable points on it.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    @aesthetocyst

Alliance placement has gotten a lot more frustrating lately with the 5* changes and especially the variable points on it.
    LOL  so your basically feeling that the devs are incentivizing you to improve your roster and move up a tier?  

Personally I agree, the reduction in 5e points in scl7 is terrible.  There should be no reason why advanced rosters are crippled in terms of alliance point contributions.  yeah it makes no difference either way in terms of personal placement.  High tier rosters win in scl7 regardless of the value of 5* nodes.  Its just unfortunate that alliance scores suffer.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    As always, playing in SCL7 and not caring to much about the usual reduced points in the 5* E, yet pleasantly surprised atm that the Wakanda event gives 'normal' points. Makes it a bit easier to reach max progression, plus i might get an edge on those without Th5r.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    For Wakanda, my SCL7 5* essential node is worth 370 points in the first sub in slice 5, which I believe is the same value as the 2* essential?

Is this what you are asking?
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I was planning to play at SCL8 for this BP event, I'm kinda glad that I chose 7 (despite the lower points) because I would probably be pulling out hair at higher levels.