R145 Hot Fixes *Updated (2/5/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,
Here are some notable changes from the recent R145 Daily Updates:
  • Multiple powers have been made Team-Up ineligible, due to bugs where they had no effect as a Team-Up, including:
    • Black Panther (Civil War)'s "Panther Prey"
      • Black Panther's other powers are passives, so he is now Team-Up ineligible, while the bug is in effect
    • Daredevil (Matt Murdock)'s "Hand to Hand"
      • Daredevil's other powers are also ineligible as Team-Ups, so he is now Team-Up ineligible, while the bug is in effect.
    • Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)'s "Deadly Strike" *New Update*
      • Gamora's other powers are passives, so she is now Team-Up ineligible, while the bug is in effect.
    • Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)'s "Demolition"
    • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)'s "To Love and Fear"
    • Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)'s "Detonator"
  • Fixed a bug where Yondu's transformed power "Yaka Assault" wouldn't target stunned enemies

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    No reworks huh
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    This is more meant as “things being fixed during daily data updates” than what’s coming in an actual App Store update.  Is that accurate @Brigby?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    No reworks huh
    Those happen at the start of the new season. As in, we'll find out next week, in the Season Update Thread, if at all.

We really could use a community post listing this type of information. Might cut down on people complaining about things in the wrong place. (just like how next week we'll get the Season Update Thread and people will be complaining about 4* reworks, despite the fact that every single 4* rework has been announced in its own thread a week or so after the Season Update)
  • Brigby
    @LifeofAgony Yes. That's correct. These were already automatically applied, and do not require manually updating from the App Store.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I think the title might be a little confusing, even though it says daily updates, this sounds more like the “hot fixes” that used to get posted some time ago.

Either way, thanks for sharing.  Good to see at least we can’t utilize the broken tu while they’re (maybe) being fixed.
  • Brigby
    That's certainly fair! I'll update it to say Hot Fixes, so it reflects the previous iterations.
  • djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for communicating!
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby Is it possible that these tu don't work because of how they were programmed rather than it being a strange bug? It just seems like the logic (code/programming) of these abilities is tied to the active presence of the character, evidenced by the fact that they don't have any affect when the character is present but stunned. I seem to remember the wording of the abilities being a little different than they are, not sure if that was updated? 

In any case, I'm not trying to stir up trouble. Mostly just sharing an idea, hoping for more clarity. If that idea helps others understand or even helps the issue get resolved then that's icing on the cake. 
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Expanding on that idea:

Team ups are the player's abilities. The character isn't present and the ability isn't tied to any character that is. Normal CD or instant abilities probably rely on a single function or block of code that's "self contained". These abilities that aren't working seem to rely on a loop or an if/then statement that checks for the status of the character that the ability originates from. Example: if I have DD on my team, his green CD tile checks every turn to see if he's stunned or airborne, either he or the CD tile deals damage if he is not, else nothing happens. If I use the tu then the same check is made but the conditions are neither met or fail since DD isn't stunned or airborne, so the CD reduces its count by 1 but no damage is done since DD isn't there to meet the conditions of the ability. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's missing Gamora4 Red. Half of that one doesn't work.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    The_A_Train said: Is it possible that these tu don't work because of how they were programmed rather than it being a strange bug?
    Speaking as a developer "bug" quite often translates to "we forgot to consider this use case and/or condition and now we need to go back & rewrite some code". In other words I'd wager that you are correct in that these issues are likely due to a design oversight as opposed to an unexpected code interaction. Just a guess though.

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby:

You had posted: "due to bugs where they had no effect as a Team-Up, including:"

Does this "including" mean there were more or upcoming disqualified team-ups not mentioned in this initial post?
  • Brigby
    Brigby Is it possible that these tu don't work because of how they were programmed rather than it being a strange bug? It just seems like the logic (code/programming) of these abilities is tied to the active presence of the character, evidenced by the fact that they don't have any affect when the character is present but stunned. I seem to remember the wording of the abilities being a little different than they are, not sure if that was updated? 

In any case, I'm not trying to stir up trouble. Mostly just sharing an idea, hoping for more clarity. If that idea helps others understand or even helps the issue get resolved then that's icing on the cake. 
    Apologies, but I'm afraid I'm not a developer, so I'm unaware of the specifics as to why these Team Ups are not working.

You had posted: "due to bugs where they had no effect as a Team-Up, including:"

Does this "including" mean there were more or upcoming disqualified team-ups not mentioned in this initial post?
    As of right now, the listed Team-Ups are the only ones I'm aware of that are not functioning properly. If the developers discover others, I will be sure to update this list to add them.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any plan to fix the underlying bugs that prevent these abilities working as team-ups, and re-enabling them?
  • Brigby
    Based on the phrase "while this bug is in effect," I presume that the developers would be working on an eventual fix for it.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby, you're fast. Thank you.
  • Brigby
    Brigby, you're fast. Thank you.
    I have my moments :p No problem!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    @Brigby is there a way you can pin a post in characters discussion that tells everyone what color team ups that can be sent from each character?