ISO8 from LRs

First21
First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
Hi there just curious if you play all LRs from the first one it starts till last, 3 rounds each. How much ISO8 would you get?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume that all LR refers to the first LR on Tuesday till the last LR on Thursday.  There's one LR every 2 hours. I read somewhere there's 24 LR in a week. The first 3 rounds refer to the seed teams that would give you a guaranteed 100 points. At 25 points you get 140 iso. 50 points - 1 standard token. 100 points - 250 iso 

1) 3 seed teams * 30 iso from victory bonus = 90

2) Iso from the first 100 progression points, not including standard token = 140 + 250 = 390

3) Assuming that you get an additional iso of 70
    each round for the first three rounds = 70 * 3 = 210

4)iso from placement reward for position 501-1000 = 200

Note: You can get 70, 140, 250 iso or a 1* cover from victory but I'm using the minimum iso amount.

You will get a minimum of 90+390+210+200 = 890 iso per LR. 

890 * 24 = 19, 920 iso.

I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to do every single LR.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to do every single LR.
    You'd be surprised.
    But these people usually "only" do every single last one of the various special LRs.

Also they're doing more than 3 seeds, much much more.
  • HoundofShadow
    I do at most between 3 - 5 LR per LR day. Don't they need to sleep? I can't imagine waking up every 1-1.5hrs just to do LR. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you jump in right away it's pretty easy to get 7-9 seed teams.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018

Without losing sleep I can usually hit 16 LRs during a run in my regular schedule.  Of those 16 I can hit consistently 10 seeds on at least half if not more.  There's the odd one I I'll miss seeds totally and depending on the timing I'll still do a couple of fights to hit 100pts. 

While you can only get 70 ISO, I'd say the average is closer to the 140/match so lets use 130 to be conservative.

1) Seed teams either 3 or 10, so on average 6 * 30 = 180

2) Prog ISO as above = 490 (I'm including standard token 100 iso)

3) Match Reward on seeds 6 * 130 = 780

4) Placement = 200

= 1,650/event * 16 events = 26,400ISO

This is on the low end.  With champ rewards for 2*s and a bit of timing to get the 10 seeds more often that not that number increases.

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    All these calculations wildly undershoot. You can get much more.
  • Bowgentle
    Daiches said:
    All these calculations wildly undershoot. You can get much more.
    The very few times I've played a full LR I ended with about 6K ISO before applying covers, yeah.
    Since I don't need ISO anymore I stopped caring most of the time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    If you jump in right away it's pretty easy to get 7-9 seed teams.
    I get disappointed every time I don't get 10 seed teams.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2018
    Most of the time I get the normal AI team after the 3rd seed team.

Has anyone of you gotten top 2 before? When I look at the rosters of the top 10 players, the majority of them has multiple champed 5*.  

Secondly, do you use shield in LR? I've seen a number of players using shield in LR (not in top 8) and I thought that it was quite a waste?

Thirdly, it seems that the board and the AI in LR is quite different from the AI and board in PvP? I think the difficulty is slightly higher for some reason(s)?
  • Bowgentle
    Most of the time I get the normal AI team after the 3rd seed team.

Has anyone of you gotten top 2 before? When I look at the rosters of the top 10 players, the majority of them has multiple champed 5*.  

Secondly, do you use shield in LR? I've seen a number of players using shield in LR (not in top 8) and I thought that it was quite a waste?

Thirdly, it seems that the board and the AI in LR is quite different from the AI and board in PvP? I think the difficulty is slightly higher for some reason(s)?
    Yes, you need champed 5s for top placement, else you can't keep up with hits.

I personally don't use shields, but it can make sense to conserve 650+ points.

Difficulty is the same as in normal PVP, with the same names in queues.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2018
    The highest points that I see is usually in 580 range. 600 and above is uncommon.

I find that the AI is more difficult compared to the one in PvP. I don't know why but my characters end up using 2 healthpacks every 2 round in LR. In the normal PvP, I use 2 healthpacks every 4-5 rounds?

Beware of sneaky players mimicking seed teams. I fall for it once when I was a beginner to LR. The moment I saw 1*Ironman and 1* Hawkeye, I stopped looking and hit the fight button and end up with a shock seeing 30k-40k hp essential character.
  • Bowgentle
    Yeah, those are trap cakes.
    I like to hit those with about 5 minutes left.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    People talk about learning PvP rules but actually lightning rounds may be the most hardcore thing this game has.

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I love me some trapcaking as well.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
     I'm in a severe ISO draught, and have been for the past 2.5 months or so. I see a thread like this and think to myself that I should figure out a way to fit in LR.

But I play PvE pretty hard and do 900 and out in PvP. I went really hard during the first round of the bugged Sakaar Arena event, when tokens were raining from the sky. But that's definitely the closest I've come to burning out in my 1.75 years of playing. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
     I'm in a severe ISO draught, and have been for the past 2.5 months or so. I see a thread like this and think to myself that I should figure out a way to fit in LR.

But I play PvE pretty hard and do 900 and out in PvP. I went really hard during the first round of the bugged Sakaar Arena event, when tokens were raining from the sky. But that's definitely the closest I've come to burning out in my 1.75 years of playing. 
    I wear a Fitbit and set recurring silent alarms for seeds. I’m a counselor at a university. If I’m not with a client or in a meeting I’ll play, and if I’m busy I just hit a button on the Fitbit to turn the alarm off.  And since it just vibrates no one really knows. I haven’t hit as many as usual this week because we’ve been swamped. I also don’t disrupt my sleep schedule for Seeds ether. I think my last seed is 10 PM and first is 6 or 8 AM. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I usually just the seeds and then 1-2 real fights if 250 points is in reach.
    This usually nets me about 2000 iso per round.
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker

As others have said, hitting 9 seeds every LR, and playing 16 LRs per week (assuming you sleep 8 hours per night over Tue/Wed night) will net you around 36k ISO per week (or around 2.2k per LR).

If you hit them harder and regularly place T50/T25 each LR, you're easily looking at 70-80k extra ISO per week. This is converting standard tokens into ISO at 100/token and heroic tokens at 250/token (expected value is obviously slightly higher as ST can yield 2* and HT can yield 3*/4*).

Reason for shielding is simple, most people in the 4* transition are ISO starved, converting HP into ISO via shielding isn't an unreasonable proposition.

• cameronsch
    cameronsch Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    DarthDeVo said:

I wear a Fitbit and set recurring silent alarms for seeds. I’m a counselor at a university. If I’m not with a client or in a meeting I’ll play, and if I’m busy I just hit a button on the Fitbit to turn the alarm off.  And since it just vibrates no one really knows. I haven’t hit as many as usual this week because we’ve been swamped. I also don’t disrupt my sleep schedule for Seeds ether. I think my last seed is 10 PM and first is 6 or 8 AM. 
    Wow, never thought a Fitbit could improve not only my physical health, but my MPQ health as well