how to delete d3go forums account? (Solved)

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
I fished around the user control panel and other menus available via the web site (from PC) but couldn't find a way to delete this account.

A support ticket was created and greeted with a canned response to contact the forum admins.

Does anybody have valid information on how to go about deleting their d3g forums account?

thanks in-advance!

Dapp

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Dapptastic I'm sorry to hear that you want to delete your forums account :( May I ask what's caused you to want to leave? (Feel free to message me, if you'd like to answer privately.)

If you truly wish to delete your account, then I am able to do that for you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Yes, please!

Let's just say "if the shoe fits--wear it" and my feet don't fit, and I like to plant on grounds with fertile--not contaminated--soil.

Would greatly appreciate it if you could nix my account, and thanks in-advance!

Respectfully,
    Dapp
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oddly enough Mexus' account seems to be deleted... Hope the wrong account didn't get deleted...
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Didn't he do something against forum rules?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    They don’t delete accounts for that. Banned accounts are still on the forums. This is the first time I’ve ever seen an account be deleted which is curious timing with this request. Hence the ask. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

It seemed a strange request to me.  Both this time and when first made a few days earlier.  Why not just never come back?  Or get your password wrong as many times as necessary to get the account locked?  Or get banned?

Deleting mexus as well as Dapptastic seems a mistake.  I wonder if there's no "restore deleted account" functionality.  Or maybe, just maybe, they're the same person.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assumed mexus' account was deleted because he got banned, but I have to admit I have never seen it happen Before. Now I have a bunch of PMs from "deleted user" in my inbox...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Dogface said:
    They don’t delete accounts for that. Banned accounts are still on the forums. This is the first time I’ve ever seen an account be deleted which is curious timing with this request. Hence the ask. 

It seemed a strange request to me.  Both this time and when first made a few days earlier.  Why not just never come back?  Or get your password wrong as many times as necessary to get the account locked?  Or get banned?

Deleting mexus as well as Dapptastic seems a mistake.  I wonder if there's no "restore deleted account" functionality.  Or maybe, just maybe, they're the same person.

Quebbster said:
    I assumed mexus' account was deleted because he got banned, but I have to admit I have never seen it happen Before. Now I have a bunch of PMs from "deleted user" in my inbox...

Hello all,

Mexus is a member of our Stampcollector alliance. He has asked me to share his reasons for why his account is deleted. Mexus is simply looking to quit or take a break from MPQ. Deleting his Forum account is a step towards this. We wish him the best.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Dogface said:

Quebbster said:

Hello all,

Mexus is a member of our Stampcollector alliance. He has asked me to share his reasons for why his account is deleted. Mexus is simply looking to quit or take a break from MPQ. Deleting his Forum account is a step towards this. We wish him the best.

If you are in further Contact with him, please wish him good luck from me.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    broll said:
    Dogface said:

Quebbster said:

Hello all,

If you are in further Contact with him, please wish him good luck from me.

Thank you. I will let him know!
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Closing this thread as the OP has been taken care of. In the future, if anyone would like to request their account be deleted, simply PM Brigby and he can take care of that for you.
This discussion has been closed.