Why is Amazon update taking so long?

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
My game won't let me play because it says there is an update, but when I go to Amazon playstore...there is no update!!  How am I supposed to play?

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @grunth13 That's peculiar. You should be able to see the new update. Is there any way you can manually refresh the Amazon playstore, just in case that might solve it?
  • grunth13
    I have tried to do that, i can try and uninstall amazon playstore and reinstall...
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    grunth13 said:
    I have tried to do that, i can try and uninstall amazon playstore and reinstall...
    that didint work for me , I eneded up just installing the game through google play.
    if your device will allow that, other wise looks like amazon players in S3 are screwed for their final grind!
  • grunth13
    Nope, that didn't work...Open app and says an update is available, but doesn't give me the option to skip like it did earlier.  I click ok and goes to my android app store.  When I open my amazon app store (I run MPQ from my amazon app store) it doesn't give me the option of update, just open.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I had a similar issue on iOS. I had to power off my device and turn it back on before the App Store saw available updates.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Looking at MPQ on the Amazon storefront (https://www.amazon.com/D3Publisher-of-America-Inc-Marvel/dp/B00H3XYZEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517350907&sr=8-1&keywords=marvel+puzzle+quest) it seems like R145 has properly propagated.

Could you try restarting your device, and then seeing if it's updated?
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    @Brigby this happens every single time there is an update on with my kindle fire. It doesn't happen with my android phone, but with my fire I can not play until my app store updates. It doesn't matter whether I restart my device or not. It use to give me an option to skip the update, which allowed me to play until the app store caught up. Just wanted to let you know it is not an isolated incident.
  • grunth13
    not updated on app store...still an issue
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    @Brigby it is usually a 24 hour lag between when I can update my phone and my fire. I was just able to update my fire.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Same problem here.

When i go to update on my droid the button doesn't respond.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Maybe drop a line to Amazon? That is, if the problem lies with the App Store
  • grunth13
    Well,  that was fun.   Uninstalled app,  redownloaded app, then spent the next hour starting and retreating from a match so that all profiles for characters would be downloaded.   Luckily, i hadn't done dpq otherwise that wouldn't be possible because i can't access the prologue.  
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    I hadn't updated my Amazone Appstore, once I did that, no issues.  Not sure if this will help others, but maybe...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had that problem earlier but since Amazon only had the last update I just kept skipping the option to upgrade until MPQ took that option away. But by that time Amazon had the new update ready. 
  • grunth13
    Mine never had the new update :(
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 said:
    Well,  that was fun.   Uninstalled app,  redownloaded app, then spent the next hour starting and retreating from a match so that all profiles for characters would be downloaded.   Luckily, i hadn't done dpq otherwise that wouldn't be possible because i can't access the prologue.  
    Is that a problem after each new patch? It's been an issue for a while for me on my alt.