What does it take to break Top 100 PVE

2»

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Tinykitty is how the forums auto moderatoring works. It converts all banned words into tinykitty. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometime people write tinykitty to begin with. Or do they?  You’ll never know....
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    We should all start using Tinypuppy instead.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some of the banned words are ridiculously inoffensive, too.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    NMANOZ said:
    We should all start using Tinypuppy instead.
    How bout Skinny Puppy?
    Good band
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    Some of the banned words are ridiculously inoffensive, too.
    My favorite instance of this happening was when someone was talking about the comics character who was the first Robin and went on to become Nightwing. His name was rendered as tinykitty Grayson. Context won't help you this time, Boy Wonder! 
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    thanks, I have been dying to what the tinykitty people were talking about.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Please keep the discussion on topic of the OP. Thanks!***
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    what were your teams who were Top 100 scores in last event

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tintaiwan said:
    what were your teams who were Top 100 scores in last event

champed 4* are probably competitive,  but you'll have to play them well
  • cameronsch
    cameronsch Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Everyone has to hop on the same slice as soon as it starts. Complete the required and top 3 missions 4x's, ASAP. Then do the same with the bottom missions. Next, go clean up the rest of the missions, starting from the bottom. An hour before the event ends, mop up remaining points from the bottom up. Finally, do the req'd 5 or 4* node a thousand times since no one has lives to deal with. Maybe after all of this you could make the top 10 LoL
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Coming at this from a bit of a different perspective, I've been in two different kinds of alliances in the game.  The first was a top 100 alliance and it maintained it while being pretty casual by simply actually being two alliances: a "try hard" group and a "relaxed" group.  If you weren't going to push, you just left the performing alliance and joined the casual alliance, and there was typically someone in the casual group who would happily switch in to pinch hit for you.

The alliance I'm in now is more like the casual end of my old alliance, on its own, which kinda leaves us without a ton of options for competing.  I think we hit top 700 on the regular.  Just going by comparison, I don't think a single alliance is ever going to be very well suited to competition in this game, just because it puts too much pressure on individuals to prioritize a game that is ultimately just not worth the inevitable scheduling headaches.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
     Just going by comparison, I don't think a single alliance is ever going to be very well suited to competition in this game, just because it puts too much pressure on individuals to prioritize a game that is ultimately just not worth the inevitable scheduling headaches.
    Yeah, that's not true from experience. But for t10 PVE top alliance families do have a leg up on the competition.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Daiches said:
     Just going by comparison, I don't think a single alliance is ever going to be very well suited to competition in this game, just because it puts too much pressure on individuals to prioritize a game that is ultimately just not worth the inevitable scheduling headaches.
    Yeah, that's not true from experience. But for t10 PVE top alliance families do have a leg up on the competition.
    To be fair, I think carrion's talking about the other 10,000 alliances who aren't T10PVE, Dai....

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    To be fair, I think carrion's talking about the other 10,000 20,000-30,000 alliances who aren't T10PVE, Dai....

Corrected the number of alliances
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    To be fair, I think carrion's talking about the other 10,000 alliances who aren't T10PVE, Dai....

The exact quote was "a single alliance ever". Technically correct, best kind of correct. Since there's dozens of us. Dozens!