3* Iron Fist vs Medusa

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
Does a boosted Iron First deal more damage with his attack tile than Medusa's Entanglement countdown?

Obviously destroying Entanglement a bunch of times is much better for a longer game, but I'm just talking about the damage from IF's attack vs Med's CD. And I realize without boosting Medusa is stronger with her CD.

And I realize levels make this matter, but I guess I mean each character is champed?

Also let me know if my assumptions above are wrong, haha.

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Fist 3* boosted and max champed, his black makes a 1054 atk tile at 5 covers.

Medusa (lvl 320) does 954 dmg per turn at 5 covers, but she can create 2 atk tiles of strenght 465 if its matched/destroyed. IF does not make more atk tiles if one is present.

Medusa has a higher dmg output overall.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 Is bigger than 3, and this is still true in game.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    With a boosted Grocket + Guardian I am using boosted 3-star Iron Fist over Medusa against Galactus. Yeah, Medusa is going to give you more in the long term but with boosted Grocket and his insane attack tiles it really doesn't matter - matches don't last long enough to make a difference.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

Honestly, you bring either of those two characters to the fight for pretty different reasons:

- you bring Iron Fist to the fight because you want to generate black.  Possibly a lot of black.  He's soooo good at generating black.  Seriously, don't you want black?  The attack tile is a nice bonus (particularly if you make strikes,) but you bring him to turn purple into cascades and a particular color.

- you bring Medusa to deal with enemy special tiles by matching or by generating enough purple to convert them.  She's great against tile spammers because you'll get either a Burst of Health or more AP every turn.  Again, the CD -> Attack tile mechanic is a great bonus, but frequently the CD can't be matched or destroyed so it just generates some of that constant damage.