Multiplier awards

First21
First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
Hi thare you remember my last post about the multiplier right. The potential for more ISO8, HPs and CPs. Well hears what would we get if thay would put the multiplier feature in the game. NOTE this is only from the Honor Among Thieves event mission, progression awards and bonus awards 
event total
ISO8-37,170
HP-185
CP-40.
with multiplier.
ISO8.                  HP.            CP.
X2-74,340.          370.           80.
X3-111,510.         555.           120.
X4-148,680.        740.           160.
X5-185,850.        925.            200.
X6-223,020.        1,110.         240.
X7-260,190.        1,295.         280.
X8-297,360.        1,480.         320.
X9-334,530.        1,665.         360.
X10-371700.       1,850.         400.
X11-408,870.       2,035.        440.

Now that's A LOT of ISO8, HP and CP. What do you think 

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    First21 said:
    Hi thare you remember my last post about the multiplier right.
    What do you think 
    I think you overestimate my memory and the amount of people that saw your first thread.
    I think you should either fully flesh out your idea or at least include a link to the first thread if you want anyone to know what the tinykitty you're talking about.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would Demi ever do this? You'd be able to champ every set of Latest 5*s in a few weeks without spending a dime.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to be rude but the Dev's think giving your alliance 1CP for renewing your VIP is being generous, this would probably give them a stroke.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    You'd never buy ISO, HP or CP ever again.  With a simple multiplier, you'd be able to get hundreds of thousands of ISO in a very short amount of time.  Once everything was champed, there'd be no incentive for people to keep playing and would be the end of the game.

In short, it's never going to happen.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    You'd never buy ISO,
    I have a feeling this might remain unaffected...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't make any business sense at all. Maybe you can relook at it from D3's perspective as well.

Right now, 78,000 iso cost about $100. Your x11 multiplier cost $100, which would give 408,870 iso. How much would D3 be losing? I'm not sure the % of players buying iso, but it seems like most players in this forum are unlikely to buy one. 

Based on your suggestion, $100 nets you extra 400 CP. There would be 16 LL tokens or 20 Classic tokens. The chance of this happening is close to zero.

• First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    It's a good idea but I know thay won't put it in.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

Truthfully the best thing I can think of them doing that's feasible is to have daily tasks that give some iso.  For example, beat xyz node with Doc Ock, or beat abc node without gamora/groot/medusa.  It'd add a little spice to the daily grind...

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think if they were ever to introduce a multiplier it would certainly have decimals.   You'll never see a 3x, 4x, 5x, etc, try .3, .4, .5 ...
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Would be nice if they awarded more ISO if you did a certain node without 5* for example. On the one hand it would make things harder, but the reward would be better too. So you get to choose between effort and reward.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Would be nice if they awarded more ISO if you did a certain node without 5* for example. On the one hand it would make things harder, but the reward would be better too. So you get to choose between effort and reward.
    Would be hard to balance that reward. It can't be better than what you would lose on placement for playing slower, and it can't be so low that it's worthless for anyone that actually has a 5. Not to mention that it's just giving more rewards to those that don't actually have or use a 5 to start with.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I remember when VIP rolled out and I was like "hey, they should totally make a multiplier for VIP. I would buy it for sure! Even if it was x1.1 or x1.050 and it went up incrementally for each continuous VIP month."  It doesn't need to be a huge multiplier, especially at first. but if it continued to grow (even super slowly) month to month, that would be great.