Has any of you poll answers ever been addressed?

Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
I have filled out 10 surveys so far, today's included and only one single issue in the 10 surveys has every been touched by developers  (end vaulting). I haven't even got a character in game I voted for in a survey.

How are you doing in regards to the MPQ survey?

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know if this counts,
    but when they've done the "pick the character you want added from this list", I saw American Chavez and Kraven the Hunter on there.  I may have even picked Kraven one of those times cause of how tooly great he is and did not ever expected to see him on the list.
    Every time I see Kraven it makes me think of the infamous cut Star Wars footage where Jabba was a human; just some fat **** in a fur coat.  :)

Both felt totally out of the blue unexpected for different reasons (never knew American Chavez even existed, and Kraven is a classic character this game needs more of, but never gets).

And then they both showed up in the game, regardless of vote most likely.

If anything, they used the character poll results to adjust their release schedule, so long as they didn't interfere with Movie or TV Show tie-in characters.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't answered any recent polls, but along the way I've asked for War Machine, Rogue, Gambit, and a "Planet Hulk" version of Hulk.  We have all of those now.

I also recommended a tally for attack/defense tile aggregate bonus, which I believe is in the new interface.

So, either they're at least partially listening to those, or they were such obvious changes to make that they were doing them anyway.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Check out the girl in my avatar. Finally got her in the game after complaining enough. Waiting for them to do something about tapping like limiting it to tapping a node only a handful of times (7-10) before it stays at 0 for good, and hoping to see them bring back win-based or test out a hybrid pvp system. I also want a move to a more progression based pve system so I could play MPQ on my terms instead of having to play on a set schedule. Those are really the only things that bug me about the game.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I said many times that Angel was overdue as he was the only original X-man not in game yet. Now he is.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like pretty much every oft-requested character has been added eventually. Kraven, Bowl Cut Ock, Every X-Man Added In The Last Year - I even remember seeing Moon Knight and Gwenpool mentioned a lot before they made the cut. I look forward to the eventual addition of Mysterio.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    It wouldn't surprise me if they do these surveys with an outside company, that filters the data (X replies, Y with nonsense responses, average score of Z, W concerned with problem 1, V concerned with problem 2, U happy about recent change 3, etc) and that the actual responses are tacked on to the end, and may never get read at all.

It's unfortunate (a survey company isn't going to know what we mean if we talk about PvE events being repetitive, but a dev would), but I also can't imagine it would be very efficient use of the time for the devs to filter through the results themselves.

I could be flat wrong, but it just makes more sense to me to outsource data analysis expertise instead of having someone in-house just for the occasional survey.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i kinda forgot about it until i just hit 5k in the pvp season 10 minutes ago, so i didn't include it in the poll, but was it not mentioned at one point the devs were going to look into the dearth of season progression rewards between 5-10K?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fyi, in game survey responses go to the devs.  They aren’t filtered. There isn’t a single employee doing survey work, but rather it is a task that is taken on as needed.  One day a dev was sharing, on Discord, the character requests (silly and otherwise) from a survey.

Survey Monkey is very much a do-it-yourself survey tool for people/companies to run themselves.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind said:
    I feel like pretty much every oft-requested character has been added eventually. Kraven, Bowl Cut Ock, Every X-Man Added In The Last Year - I even remember seeing Moon Knight and Gwenpool mentioned a lot before they made the cut. I look forward to the eventual addition of Mysterio.

Every time they have a character survey I vote Emma Frost, every time I mention it, multiple people say hey me too.  Characters are based on up coming marvel shows or movies, never about what fans want.  America Chavez's comic was just canceled it was so unpopular.
  • Fenfire
    Fenfire Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    It took you 564 posts to realize they don't care about non-whales?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:

Been putting Mysterio and Black Cat on every survey for over 2 years now, it might still happen.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Someone can correct my timeline, but there was on survey where they gave a small list (maybe 5-6) options of pick the next new character and Medusa won that poll.  I believe it was 6-8 months from announcement of her being winner of the poll to game release.  The polls and surveys are more just check-ins and unless there is something that is dramatically being voiced (which as there are so many tiers to the game, few things can truly impact each group) it’s just another “devs aware” type of exercise.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've brought up many times the painful tier transitions, and the way PVP feels like climbing a greasy pole. I don't expect it was my response that got it done, but we did see an experiment in un-losable progression PVP and we're seeing a more direct path to 5* play via 4* champ rewards. Could be I'm just more in tune with the developer zeitgeist by accident, or maybe I just happen to fall into the user demographic they care about at the moment.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone can correct my timeline, but there was on survey where they gave a small list (maybe 5-6) options of pick the next new character and Medusa won that poll.  I believe it was 6-8 months from announcement of her being winner of the poll to game release.  The polls and surveys are more just check-ins and unless there is something that is dramatically being voiced (which as there are so many tiers to the game, few things can truly impact each group) it’s just another “devs aware” type of exercise.
    The timeline sounds correct, but if I'm not mistaken, Riri was also on the poll and was released first in spite of Medusa getting the most votes.  I could be wrong, but that sounds right as I type it...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    The timeline sounds correct, but if I'm not mistaken, Riri was also on the poll and was released first in spite of Medusa getting the most votes.  I could be wrong, but that sounds right as I type it...
    The poll had Medusa, Riri, America, and Silk, just those 4. Medusa came out first in November of 2016, Riri was January 2017, America was December 2017.

(and I'm personally hoping they skip Silk, and if we ever get more spider-people, we get someone more interesting; namely, anyone else)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Yes Riri was on, she was not released first though.

There were 3 on the poll, the 3rd was America Chavez.
    Medusa won.

Release dates:
    Medusa - 12/1/16
    Riri - 1/19/17
    America - 12/24/17

I don't know when the poll came up but I'm pretty sure it was summer so it was probably at 5-8 months.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, I assume if a character name is on that list of choices, there is already a testable prototype of it floating around in a dev build. though really, many characters have powersets that kind of defy thematic continuity (Dare Devil's 5* heal for instance), so maybe what they have is just an arbitrary collection of un-assigned powers that get art commissioned based off of those votes?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:

Every time they have a character survey I vote Emma Frost, every time I mention it, multiple people say hey me too.  Characters are based on up coming marvel shows or movies, never about what fans want.  America Chavez's comic was just canceled it was so unpopular.
    Obviously some releases are promo-related, but that doesn't explain Moon Knight, Gwenpool, Classic Ock, Rogue, Nightcrawler....I could keep going.