Archangel bugged?

tiomono
tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
I was playing his essential node in simulator. Colossus fastballs wolverine. Archangel stunned wolverine on my turn. When wolverine came out of stun he fired his black, which I thought they did not have enough.

Does this mean fastball special will just always work regardless what happens to colossus's target?

Comments

• Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    AA is just terrible is the real problem. He's so bad, he can't even counter a 3* character.
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Look on the bright side. This means Nova will work :)
  • Noobulator
    LLohm said:
    Look on the bright side. This means Nova will work :)
    #BrownieOptimism
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's Colossus' Fastball Special:

Colossus pitches a teammate into the fray!  Sends a chose teammate Airborne (inactive, but immune to damage & stun) for (3/2/1) turn(s).  Upon landing, they take 203 damage, then activate one power at no cost.  The enemy target takes 2030 damage.

Look, Archangel finally counters Colossus!  A little.  Archie stuns the target and causes damage.  It may cancel Airborne status with a stun, but XFW still lands, so the power should still, in this description, launch once XFW is unstunned.

Archie is another example of what I feel is the problems facing devs:  Trying to introduce new ideas after many or most of the best ones have been done already.  Stage 1 of character development:  Gather AP and nuke.  Stage 2:  Create powers that use synergy to strengthen teams.  Stage 3:  Try to do something different to keep things interesting.  AKA:  Hey!  We never had an Airborne counter before!  People have been talking about that for years!  Let's do it!  Nevermind that the counter wasn't needed in the 5* tier.....
  • Noobulator
    bluewolf said:

Archie is another example of what I feel is the problems facing devs:  Trying to introduce new ideas after many or most of the best ones have been done already.  Stage 1 of character development:  Gather AP and nuke.  Stage 2:  Create powers that use synergy to strengthen teams.  Stage 3:  Try to do something different to keep things interesting.  AKA:  Hey!  We never had an Airborne counter before!  People have been talking about that for years!  Let's do it!  Nevermind that the counter wasn't needed in the 5* tier.....
    There’s a post I started on how to fix AA, mind adding this there and thoughts to improve. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70077/forget-gambit-lets-talk-5-archangel#latest