Forget Gambit, Let's Talk 5* Archangel

Options
2»

Comments

• Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options

Perhaps an upcoming 5 star will spend a lot of time airborne and everyone will be rushing to champ their AA for the counter.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Qubort said:

Perhaps an upcoming 5 star will spend a lot of time airborne and everyone will be rushing to champ their AA for the counter.

Gold 5* Vulture :P
    Where’s the line to sign up for that?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hopefully AA is the precursor counter to 5star Professor X's hover wheelchair.  Ideally AA can ground him so he he vulnerable to caltrops.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or maybe it means there is 5* Beak incoming, more X-Men ahoy!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree. He is proably the worst 5 (after Doc Ok and Banner but those two looks like they dont count anymore). Blue is horrible, completely overpriced. Green is ok I guess. And black is far less useful as I expected. Almost never does the damage, and stopping just one color is just good against a few goons.

He REALLY needs a buff.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wont argue that he doesn't need a buff, because he does, but I actually really like his black. I don't use it for the damage (if it happens, great, but I don't count on it), and I hold off on firing it until the AI is getting close to having enough AP to fire something annoying, then cast it on that color. 5 turns is usually more than enough to down whoever was about to do something, and its pretty common for at least one of the countdowns to survive. Use it vs Phoenix and choose red and she cant do jack. Granted, it's rubbish against Gambit and his counter-anything-fun purple power, but it's a unique ability that I really enjoy using. Tweak his damage numbers on blue and green to make it do enough damage to warrant the AP cost, and I think he's a fine support character that will keep any future flyer in check as a nice niche bonus.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tanis3303 said:
    I wont argue that he doesn't need a buff, because he does, but I actually really like his black. I don't use it for the damage (if it happens, great, but I don't count on it), and I hold off on firing it until the AI is getting close to having enough AP to fire something annoying, then cast it on that color. 5 turns is usually more than enough to down whoever was about to do something, and its pretty common for at least one of the countdowns to survive. Use it vs Phoenix and choose red and she cant do jack. Granted, it's rubbish against Gambit and his counter-anything-fun purple power, but it's a unique ability that I really enjoy using. Tweak his damage numbers on blue and green to make it do enough damage to warrant the AP cost, and I think he's a fine support character that will keep any future flyer in check as a nice niche bonus.
    This is the problem.  If you’re running a champ 5* for pvp, the consideration has to be “how does he fare against gambit”.  In another world we can find a lot of uses for many toons.  Even the shiny new 5* Ghost Rider looks good, until you realize 2 of his 3 powers are special tile dependent, but him right into the rubbish pile.

Once gambit is out, if you’re pulling latests to jump into 5* land it’s Thor, AA and GR.  Short of game-breaking buffs for any of the 3, you’re into a completely unplayabe 5* pvp experience.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Suggested change: 

Leave green as is. 

Black should stop ALL ap gain until either its expired or mtached/destroyed. 

Blue recost to 8 ap and it sends AA airborne while airborne the power can be fired to do additonal damage from an airborne position. This would then make him unique, as the only character to attack while airborne. 
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Suggested change: 

Leave green as is. 

Blue recost to 8 ap and it sends AA airborne while airborne the power can be fired to do additonal damage from an airborne position. This would then make him unique, as the only character to attack while airborne. 
    Black would be OP on this case but Blue change is sound. 
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Suggested change: 

Leave green as is. 

Black would be OP on this case but Blue change is sound. 
    The black would prevent AP gain from you as well as opponent, the drawback makes it less OP and more tactical
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options

The black would prevent AP gain from you as well as opponent, the drawback makes it less OP and more tactical
    Now I hate it!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Suggested change: 

Leave green as is. 

I like this version of blue, and in fact I can’t really understand how Devs created AA without any power sending him airborne (like, his whole thing is that he flies!).

For black, I think if it was 6AP, so two matches, it would be far more useful, and easy to pull in the beginning of the match, making him far more useful.