Hour of Devastation

Options
Matthew
Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
I really hope that we don't have a repeat of the Hour of Devastation event where some people were locked out of nodes, while others were not (and thus had a massive advantage over those who were).

And now that my pessimism is out of the way, let me just say thank you for the variation. It's nice to see something different again. After months of Return of the God Pharoah, burnout via repetition is much easier to experience.

Comments

• Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would only suggest that the score brackets should be reworked... if there are 10 people with perfect scores and in first position of the ranking... the second bracket of scores is not position 2... there is no second position, not third either or fourth... it jumps straight away to 11th... which in my opinion makes not much sense and also sucks... one little mistake in a match missing one point and you are absolutely out of any chances to stay in one of the first 5 positions. Actually, as I said, there are no second, third, fourth or fifth position... from first to... who knows... 20th?
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I can't help remembering the time when  we could get out the top bracket even with a perfect score because the top players were chosen randomly among the lot... I'm glad it's behind us.

I agree on the fact it's frustrating to end top 25 or 50 for a single point lost but I think there would be almost no challenge if it wasn't like this.
       I mean, if perfect score ends 1st and (perfect - 1) ends second and so on... It allows players to end top 25 with 24 points lost... That's 3 games... And we would all end top 1-25.

Considering this, the only option left would be to make sure each bracket is represented, meaning you're sure to end  top 5 with perfect, top 25 with (perfect-1) , and at least top 50 with (perfect - 2).

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @UweTellkampf preach on brother!  Bring back match 5’s and teach Greg to cycle (some) in Platinum.

• Hesturk
    Hesturk Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I personally lost 2 game so far. Both because the game crashed. One very frustrating crash happened when I won the game and while it was shifting to the end screen, crash happened. The other happened mid game. I'll repeat it again: use a virtual token that let people reconnect within a reasonable delay and you would solve 99%of the bug. The only one it wouldn't solve is the infinite circle try to find a  opponent (and this one seemed solved)
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm definitely for a more challenging game... But allowing Greg to cycle is a slippery slope, who wants to watch him cycle for 5 minutes to finally have his 100/100 drake killed, and then start again for 5 more minutes... I wouldn't like it, that's for sure. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bil said:
    I'm definitely for a more challenging game... But allowing Greg to cycle is a slippery slope, who wants to watch him cycle for 5 minutes to finally have his 100/100 drake killed, and then start again for 5 more minutes... I wouldn't like it, that's for sure. 
    It would probably force the hand to nerf NP and DH.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bil said:
    I'd say that's exactly the kind of thing that needs to happen for people who are too stubborn to admit how ridiculous these cycling engines are, just because, "Greg can't do it".

The current ranking system is perfect. The problem lies elsewhere.