Djeru, With Eyes Open & The Locust God Bundles (1/18/18)

Options
2»

Comments

• BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Interesting, just tested twice and Avaricious Dragon does not trigger with Rashmi (fetch) but does trigger properly with Baral (draw). 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:

Just thibk you shouldn’t judge a card so harshly if you’ve never played it. 

Even though I think Matthew makes some solid arguments here, I see way too much of this going on both here and in the Facebook group. 
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    @Matthew Baral and Rashmi are great. They’re even better with Locust God. 

I use him in Blue HoR and in 2 levels of RotGP. 

I also have an insane legacy deck for TotP. 

Just thibk you shouldn’t judge a card so harshly if you’ve never played it. 

I would hesitate to say that Baral or Rashmi are better with Locust God. If anything, I think it'd be more accurate to say that Locust God is better with/because of Baral or Rashmi. The abilities of the latter two are loop enablers, while Locust God's ability is merely a loop exploiter. Therein lies the basis for my original statements about Locust God.

What's your Legacy deck, though? If you wouldn't mind sharing, you could DM me. Perhaps I'm overlooking something. And in answer to your final statement, if you had actually read through my post in its entirety (and I don't blame you if you didn't; I do tend to ramble on sometimes) you would have noticed that I've already walked my initial assessment back from "suck" to "potentially fun to dink around with non-competitively". So your chastisement isn't really necessary, now is it?

James13 said:
    Rashmi is fetch, not draw.  It can be an important distinction depending on how you've built the deck.
    Thanks for pointing this out, but I was definitely aware of this distinction. Though it turned out to be an exercise in futility, I specifically made clear mention in my post that I was aware of this fact because I knew someone would call me out if I didn't do so:
    Matthew said:
    In the time it takes me to draw 20 cards (the requisite number to create an insect stack that large) while using Baral (or to fetch them with Rashmi)...[[[Edited for the sake of brevity; I pulled this quote from the second paragraph though]]]
    @EldrosKandar

I tested your statement about Sage of Ancient Lore because you piqued my curiosity, but it turns out that you were indeed mistaken. Fetched cards do not trigger the Sage; only drawn cards do.

@BUgsySA

I also tested Rashmi with Avaricious Dragon, and noticed the same thing.

Given that both Sage and AvaDragon trigger correctly off of a Draw, and also correctly ignore a Fetch, I have to wonder if Locust God is bugged (oh yes...I said it...pun of the week right there, folks). I literally never visit the bugs area of this forum, so I wouldn't actually know. Would anyone who owns him care to weigh in on this as a second source of data?
  • EldrosKandar
    EldrosKandar Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @EldrosKandar

I tested your statement about Sage of Ancient Lore because you piqued my curiosity, but it turns out that you were indeed mistaken. Fetched cards do not trigger the Sage; only drawn cards do.

Then I misremembered... weird, I could have sworn it was that way.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't have the God but I don't think that he can make the N3-Deck any faster. With sphinx, mentor and NP I can win on turn 2-4 via ultimate. All cards but NP are cycle, so this deck is very consistent, becausse it don't need a specific card to win. 

Faster but inconsistent are HUF-decks of any kind nowadays. 
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Locust God works with fetch and draw. 
    I now have it on very good authority, and from multiple sources, that this statement is incorrect. Are you sure you're not remembering incorrectly? Or perhaps you just mistook a Draw trigger for a Fetch trigger? I know that with a nasty enough loop, it can be difficult to determine which cards are reacting to which. But that's what the Battle Log is there for! It's quite the handy little tool. It can really help to jog my memory as to what happened when I wasn't paying attention. It's also helped me to understand some of the more nuanced intricacies of how cards interact with one another.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    I’m just hopeful I’ll get a second swing at buying Imminent Doom. Still kicking myself for not buying that one. 
    Psst ;)Imminent Doom Bundle
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I’m just hopeful I’ll get a second swing at buying Imminent Doom. Still kicking myself for not buying that one. 
    Psst ;)Imminent Doom Bundle
    Yep. Already sent my check. 
  • Toodles
    Toodles Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can't we get bundles with mythics and masterpieces that I didn't already buy a year ago?