Alliance Scramble Event type

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
An alliance mate and I were talking about this earlier:

So often in the alliance events, we are held back by many of our junior members having limited rosters. I think it would be cool if there were some way for people who are missing required characters, or have under-covered versions of characters we all have, to benefit more directly from alliance mates. There is an alternate means of golfing called a scramble, where everyone hits, then you pick who has the best lie, and everyone then plays from there. You end up with a team score rather than 4 individual scores. We've had the totally solo Sakaar Arena event, and most of the other events are more like a Collection of Individuals; what about a true alliance event? Is there something like this already I don't know about?

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    like a boss event without personal rewards?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the example that made me think of this was X-Men vs Apocalypse, though Civil War would also do this. There are a number of nodes featuring specific required characters, and if 70% of my alliance just flat out doesn't have them, we're only getting so far. the "any version of cyclops" requirements help some, but there are still loads of nodes a bunch of us couldn't do, but would have. So anyway, what I was thinking is some way to pool all our rosters to compete. Maybe some variation on Team Ups where you actually get to borrow my character entirely, and i'd then get a cut of your rewards or something. Maybe that manifests itself as a boss event with only alliance-based rewards, but they could still be progression based.