5* Daredevil Hand to Hand teamup does no damage at the end of turns [Devs Aware]

vinsensual
vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
5* DD's green teamup doesn't do the turn by turn damage.  I matched it, and it gave me the green AP.  Unknown if the enemy matches it, if they would take the big damage, but the 4-5 turns of damage are definitely not there.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    If you match it, it doesnt do damage. You only get the green AP. If otherwise matched, it does x damage and the tile switches to another location.
    This info can be found in DD's power descriptions.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Yes, that's correct. If you match the Countdown tile, then you only receive the green AP. If the enemy matches it, or it becomes destroyed, then it deals damage and creates another tile, if one doesn't already exist.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'all are missing the point. He's saying that its Pseudo-Attack Tile function isn't working, not that it isn't doing damage when matched. He brought up the AP restore when matching it to point out that part of it is working properly.

IIRC, this has come up before, and seems unlikely to be solved anytime soon. Similar to the issue with 5* BP team-ups.
  • Brigby
    Hi @vinsensual. Just asking for due diligence, but can you confirm that you did not match it the same turn you created it? If so, then that does sound like a bug, if it's not dealing damage after each turn
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can confirm this from personal experience.  When used as a team-up skill, the power does not deal the listed damage per turn, but its other listed effects work normally.  As @TPF Alexis said, this is similar to 5* Black Panther's black skill, which when used as a team-up creates a 5-turn countdown, but does no increased damage at all.

Both of these skills have passive-like effects when they're on the board.  The recurring damage for DD and the bonus damage for BP both work only when DD or BP are active members of the team.  If they are stunned or airborne, these damage effects do nothing.  Those passive-like effects are unavailable when used as a TU.  Similarly, 5* Thanos purple doesn't explicitly list itself as a passive ability, but the effect of preventing powers from altering or destroying tiles can be worked around by stunning Thanos -- in this case, however, the power was made ineligible to be a TU.

The best fix for 5* DD and BP, without changing any current game mechanics, is to update the skill text to say that the damage per turn (DD green) or increased damage (BP black) is a passive component of the power which activates when the countdown is on the board.  They would then be ineligible to be team-ups, like any other passive skill.

The simpler fix is just to disallow these skills as team-ups.

If the developers actually intend for either of these skills to be TU-eligble (and IMO BP black in particular shouldn't be, for game balance), they need to be re-coded so that the damage effects are dependent solely on the tile's presence and cannot be paused by stunning their owner.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    I think this may also affect 4* Gamora's Deadly Strike.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    BP has been broken since the beginning I doubt they will do anything! I do agree that removing the TU would be an easy fix but just not the right fix! 
  • Brigby
    Thanks for the info @Dayv! I'll be sure to relay this information to the developers to see what can be done about this issue.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    It looks like we got a lazy fix....they locked DD and BP from the TU s! 
  • Brigby
    Considering the phrase "while the bug is in effect," I believe the team is simply making them Team-Up ineligible until they are able to fix the bug.