Hoarding deadpool points

Options
Brigadierbleu
Brigadierbleu Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone else hoard deadpool points?  I have been using him daily in the 4th node in DDQ for quite some time now. Turns out there is a max number you can get. I have 35 killer whales waiting to be thrown if need be. 

https://imgur.com/a/e9QiS

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It's 999,999. I have been there for over a year I think. Only time I recall using super whales was on a late Simulator node--I forget who the opponent was but my best team could not beat them.

EDIT: whoops, sorry I completely missed your image link. Apparently you already know this...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been hoarding them for a while via the same method, though clearly not as long as you.  I have about ~250,000 or 1/4 the max.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hit the max. It was cool, because now I no longer need to remember to use dp once per day. Go team!
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was using him every day in DDQ, until I got tired of digging through my roster to find him every day. Back when nI was building my 3*s and into when I started on my 4*s, I used Whales a lot.  Now i only use it when I get impatient and want to end the fight quicker.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was siting at max for over a year... and then I was in a late PvP push and was almost loosing but realised I have whales TU... Enough to say I don't sit at max but I won ;)
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hit the max too, then the CL9 5* essential node became a thing and I started using whales on it occasionally.  Now I’m around 800k.  If I can’t beat that node, and the points would bump me up to t20 or t50, it’s whales time!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hadn't used whales in a long time, but the Royal Family deserved it.  I don't use DP3 unless he's essential, so I probably have around 400k-500k points.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Never too late to learn things, I guess. I always thought one used up all saved Deadpool points, which usually would be total overkill.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    I hadn't used whales in a long time, but the Royal Family deserved it.  I don't use DP3 unless he's essential, so I probably have around 400k-500k points.
    That node is the only time I've used the Deadpool points in a LONG time...but I used them on every single clear I did.
  • genapp
    genapp Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’m currently at max for about the fourth time. I think the last time I really dipped into them was during one of the gauntlet runs, though that feels like a very long time ago. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have gotten into the habit of using Deadpool every day in DDQ just to make sure I get my Daily Deadpool Points. I Always have one or more Whales teamup available in case of emergency.

Fortunately Deadpool, Thanos and Dr Strange make a nice team for taking on The Big Enchilada.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just collected enough DP points to activate super whale. But I didn't use it. It seems that you can't use the normal damage of whales! X3 once you collect enough points for the super whale. Clicking cancel brings me back to the fighting screen. Is it compulsory to use super whale instead of normal whales once you collected enough DP points?
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just collected enough DP points to activate super whale. But I didn't use it. It seems that you can't use the normal damage of whales! X3 once you collect enough points for the super whale. Clicking cancel brings me back to the fighting screen. Is it compulsory to use super whale instead of normal whales once you collected enough DP points?

There is a button right beside cancel that you push for regular version of whales. It is above the large super whales button. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @chaos01

I get it now. I thought the OK button was meant for the super whale. Thank you. I rarely use DP unless it is compulsory to use him.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    I hit the max. It was cool, because now I no longer need to remember to use dp once per day. Go team!

Funnily enough around the time I hit max whales was the time my 4* roster was large enough that I didn'ty even need them any more.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Used to use him daily in DDQ, then got to max and have been at max for ages. Then suddenly needed to use them for a TU in my final Royal Family fight. And then a PVP fight came up where I needed them. But, then DP was essential so I bumped back up a few thousand. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have something like 400k in points. I used up a bunch on Apocalypse.