Now we have the worst 4*

Options
CCW1208
CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
The shield training and pve loaner node make me know who is the worst 4*. Perhaps he can counter RG4. Please remake him.

I am so upset that I won’t say his name

Comments

• dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, he is pretty bad. It's like I'm back in 3* territory and all that's left on my team is loki. You can still win but holy **** it's slow. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah, he is pretty bad. It's like I'm back in 3* territory and all that's left on my team is loki. You can still win but holy tinykitty it's slow. 
    This!

It's like the first iteration of Mordo--was a 3* pretending to be a 4*.

I'm sure he'll get a remix since clearly I'm not the only one who thought he was a glorified 3*, not to throw mud on the names of some good 3*s out there tho.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, he is pretty bad. It's like I'm back in 3* territory and all that's left on my team is loki. You can still win but holy tinykitty it's slow. 
    This!

Don't forget the first iteration of Riri Williams AKA "Ironheart"...
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hard to say--he is quite the R&G/Gamora nerf once champed. Over a few turns he depletes the power of strikes and deals decent damage (passively and for free) each turn. He would benefit from someone like Carol or Blade--few, strong strikes--to double-dip his passive but keep the opponent with more specials.

Withholding judgement for now but I don't think he's the worst of the 4* tier. He will be a niche toon like so many others. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Hard to say--he is quite the R&G/Gamora nerf once champed. Over a few turns he depletes the power of strikes and deals decent damage (passively and for free) each turn. He would benefit from someone like Carol or Blade--few, strong strikes--to double-dip his passive but keep the opponent with more specials.

Withholding judgement for now but I don't think he's the worst of the 4* tier. He will be a niche toon like so many others. 
    I hear you, but the operating term being "over a few turns" here--for most 4*s not deep into 300 territory, that's not really quickly enough to neutralize the effectiveness of Rocket's strike tiles.  Avg health of a 4* when they are champed being like 14K, over a couple turns (assuming no cascades), their life is probably halfway gone if a single character is the persistent target.

I'll be glad when the rocket team trend changes; it's such a no-brainer copycat serial killer pattern.  It's great for the first 3 nodes in PvE but I just can't respect its strength in PvP, and this offering as a counter to rocket is so watered down--like this is supposed to be the antidote but it turns out to be a placebo instead.  I have no problems with those teams since I just turn champ 5* thanos on them but sometimes he can lose half his health on a single cascade...30K of match damage is a bit much in just 1-2 turns, don't you think?

Back to your comments tho--I can't think of a worse 4* considered in an individual context.  Even invisible woman is better.

It kinda makes sense that they drummed out this turd tho...the last few 4*s have been really awesome--namely Lockjaw, Rogue, and America Chavez--all of whom have delivered some brilliant and much-needed tactical abilities to every player's roster.  So it's prolly the universe trying to balance itself out, I suppose.

What sucks about this kinda roster fodder is how dependent roster development is on the cycle of champion rewards so you really can't afford to not invest in champing chumps like him.  And this game is enough of a nightmare for players who jumped on the bandwagon post-year-2 without having to worry about getting this guy as a 4* pull.

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was thinking this all event long. Especially with the characters he is paired up with there is just no synergy. He is expensive for not a whole lot happening
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This does also dispell a lot of those “power creep” arguments that people enjoy making regarding a certain x-man in the 5* tier.  Nico AA and Kraven are unimpressive even by non-Cajun standards.  But hey, it does give them some toons to buff once they get back to rebalancing toons.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Don't be so mean guys, you're going to push the old man to suicide ..... oh wait
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, he's horrendous. Not convinced they will rush to buff a villain. I feel like they care less about them. Then again, they did rework Carnage, Kingpin, Mordo.... So what do I know?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Back to your comments tho--I can't think of a worse 4* considered in an individual context.  Even invisible woman is better.

Could make arguments for Lockjaw, Kingpin, Devil Dino, and Meh Hulk I'd imagine.  I've never played Sandman so maybe him.  Maybe Falcap and Elektra?  I don't know until I have him champed but he's definitely in this bottom tier of characters though.

As an aside, I'm interested that people are to split on Nico. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This!

I'm sure he'll get a remix since clearly I'm not the only one who thought he was a glorified 3*, not to throw mud on the names of some good 3*s out there tho.

3*? You guys are being generous. More like a 2*. I'll use Ares or even Moonstone any day over this garbage
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This!

Don't forget the first iteration of Riri Williams AKA "Ironheart"...
    Or hotdog hulk v.1
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't know if I'd say he's the worst, but he's up there. I don't think he hits hard enough to become the Grocket counter we thought he was before the numbers were revealed. But I do expect in his current form he'll make an excellent addition to a Medusa/Carnage team. He'll weaken the enemy attack tiles while damaging them, give a you black and blue active, and if Medusa is your strongest team member yellow will be strongest color which no one uses, which is perfect for his black.

As is, he reminds me a lot of the first version of the Wasp. A weak black that unnecessarily destroys your own AP, a passive that's conditions are too hard to meet reliably and doesn't do much for the trouble it's worth, and a third power that's too expensive for what it does. He's definitely in need a tweaking in the same way.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Yeah, he's horrendous. Not convinced they will rush to buff a villain. I feel like they care less about them. Then again, they did rework Carnage, Kingpin, Mordo.... So what do I know?
    The reworks on Kingpin and Carnage made them much much worse. Sure they fixed Carnage a season later, but Kingpin is a shell of his former self.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    Borstock said:
    The reworks on Kingpin and Carnage made them much much worse. Sure they fixed Carnage a season later, but Kingpin is a shell of his former self.
    agree. His black is so awful now. i spec him to 3 black now. he is only good for yellow generation now. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

Is he a good R&G/Gamora counter tho? Does his passive kick in from start or do the enemy team get one turn and the passive kicks in on your second turn? If later the enemy can do some serious damage if cascade and you end up losing anyway.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It certainly didn't help his case that the two people he was teamed with in the loaner node, Moonstone and Deadpool, not only have the exact same color scheme as each other, but also share two of the three colors with Kraven.  Any Green or Yellow matches you make are completely useless.

But on the bright side, the final loaner node (5-star Doc Ock and two Symbiotes) gave his passive a chance to shine.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel that many times loaner node team ups are somewhat haphazardly put together and is a poor demonstration of a new character.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    qandols said:
    I feel that many times loaner node team ups are somewhat haphazardly put together and is a poor demonstration of a new character.
    Many times? It’s pretty much universal. As far as I can tell it’s yet another thing left in the hands of RNGesus. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It certainly didn't help his case that the two people he was teamed with in the loaner node, Moonstone and Deadpool, not only have the exact same color scheme as each other, but also share two of the three colors with Kraven.  Any Green or Yellow matches you make are completely useless.

But on the bright side, the final loaner node (5-star Doc Ock and two Symbiotes) gave his passive a chance to shine.
    It also didn't help that all those characters take an age to actually get any decent powers off. Those fights were by far the longest I faced in that PVE.