feeling slighted by Archangel as 5*-essential twice, 4 events apart, 1 mo. post-release?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
not trying to be a rabble rouser but does anybody else feel this way?

his release date was around the 12th of December, it's just days beyond 30 days and he's already seen (or will have) 5*-essential status twice in that short time frame.

depending on the number of subs for the next, featured event--players can look forward to missing out on upwards of 18CP (based on SCL9 rewards), or more, provided they don't roster him before then.

I know the shaft is all over the place in this game but this isn't something dictated by "RNG" logic so it just seems like a bitter pill to swallow, since the powers that be are clearly not exercising their authority in 5*-essential selection in a fair capacity, of course that's my humble opinion.

Generally-speaking, I'd really like to see the 5*s rotate more equitably too, just so I can get some use out of them.

That little squeeze on my CP budget just hits me in the wrong way.

But cheers to all the 5* Archangel owners, getting a shallow pool of competition on the easy road toward placement rewards.

Hope I didn't come across as too embittered otherwise.  C'est la vie!

//endrant

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Someone will rush here to tell you there’s no rhyme or reason just a pattern of 3 latest and 2 classic.  But, it makes no appreciable sense to have him run again so quickly other than trying to force people to continue to burn resources and dissuade from hoarding.  Or they just throw darts at a board as most seem to think.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They probably made it so Gambit wouldn't just murder simulator when boosted. But yeah you feel sorry for those who can't pull AA.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here’s the best way to look at the upcoming order of Latest:

1.  Thor.  He was skipped last time, so he comes first now.
    2.  Why AA and not Gambit next?  A lot of people don’t have AA yet.  A lot more have at least one Gambit.  The event starting 1/25 (3rd Latest) will be a new release, and if it’s a 4*, a lot of players would be very angry if they can’t complete the 5E in a new release because they don’t have the essential.

I predict that in retrospect, this order will be nicest to the players vs running in release order again.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    that's a fair prediction; I didn't consider that...and this is why it's nice to parley with other out-of-the-box thinkers.

good share, bluewolf!
  • LifeofAgony
    Options
    Then why not actually announce this as something that benefits the players would be well received and garner some goodwill.  More reasonably, the darts at a wall idea holds more water than intentional kindness towards us.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Then why not actually announce this as something that benefits the players would be well received and garner some goodwill.  More reasonably, the darts at a wall idea holds more water than intentional kindness towards us.
    Because you can't please everyone and this forum is full of wolves.  While they may be trying to help more people on the new release I'm sure there are people out there with Angel and not Gambit who would complain if they made a formal announcement; or those who would hold them to a rigid standard in the future if they explain rationale for this one event.
  • LifeofAgony
    Options
    Exactly my point;  just safer to not try and apply logic to their choices if they’re afraid to actually defend them to their player base.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TBH I'm kind of glad I don't have him for Simulator. 
  • Sabintribal
    Sabintribal Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I concur.  But I get doing it for the whales.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If anybody wants to do my Rogue/Gambit missions for me in Simulator then I'll let you borrow one of my AA covers. You can have all the resources for those missions. This way I can preserve my sanity and most of my health packs. God I hate Simulator.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    shardwick said:
    If anybody wants to do my Rogue/Gambit missions for me in Simulator then I'll let you borrow one of my AA covers. You can have all the resources for those missions. This way I can preserve my sanity and most of my health packs. God I hate Simulator.
    Most of the time, Simulator changes from one run to the next. We will see what nodes are included this time. I hope they have less Gambit this time around.

I still don’t have Archangel.  Just pulled another Thor today (10th) though.  Last time it was kind of nice not worrying about placement really (still did 9 for the covers and CP).

If AA wasn’t essential no one would be chasing him. I suppose some are hoping for a buff; let’s ask Banner and Doc Ock how that worked out.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some wishful thinking going on here but no, they aren't trying to help anyone. They "HELPED" but giving you a Hero for Hire at the cost of 500 command points
  • bluewolf
    Options
    I am, as of today, 0/90 on Archie.  Gee, should I spend 500 CP on a flying turkey?  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......