Update to Kingpin's Champion Rewards (1/16/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Following tomorrow's daily patch, the Champion Rewards for Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) will be updated to award Daredevil (Matt Murdock). He will be added similarly to how Champion Rewards were done for previous 4-Star updates. If you'd like the champion reward breakdown, check out the original announcement here: Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards

In additions, players will be able to earn additional Kingpin covers by placing well in Honor Among Thieves on Thursday (1/18) or through progression rewards during the Simulator Story event next week (1/22)

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aw yeah.

(to everyone who commented about 4* updates in the last season change thread: I told you! :D)
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Nice, good to see these keep getting worked on.

Could we expect to see some updates to 3* champ rewards at some point in the not too distant future? Several 4* characters are rewarded by two different 3*s at the moment, I would really like to see this get some attention. Pretty please?  o:)
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I like this update, of course (hard not to!), though I am curious with two things -

i) why Kingpin? As Elektra seemed as good a choice, I’d be interested to know the rational for his enemy rather than his lover (especially when Kingpin has been the enemy of Spiderman and Punisher as well)

ii) is there a chance this could be increased to two 4* being reworked per season? Simply given the number of 5*, the number of classic 5*, and the aggressive release schedule, it would help this system catch up, along with helping players out.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby, will there be only one 4* every month who gets updated with 5* champion rewards? If so, you'll barely keep up with new 5* releases (1 / 6 weeks), but you'll never be able to keep up with the new 4*s (2 / 6 weeks).

When you announced 3 updates in the first month I was really hoping all 4*s would eventually give 5* rewards.
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby

Initially three 5* characters received a "4* feeder" within a week of each other (Medusa -> Black Bolt, Gamora -> Thanos, and Vulture -> Peter Parker). Since that time the releases have been slowed to one updated 4* now giving 5* covers per month. 

While I don't want to be construed as looking down on these gifts, the development team also releases a new 5* character approximately once per month. What this means is that we will unfortunately never catch up, and will remain at a deficit of about 16 characters. 

Is this by design? Or will the speed of updates to 4* character champion rewards eventually be increased?
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Damn it. Kingpin is easily my worse covered person and I hate him overall. Now I gotta try and bh to get covers for him ;__;
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    The once a month rate is okay by me. My 5*'s have such an ISO debt as is, and then there are the 4* releases and the 3* farm... Maybe in six months once I've caught up a little bit I'll want more, but for now the current pace is great!
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    My elektra is at 278,kingpin is at 333.my 5/2/5 daredevil is smiling tonight.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Very pleased.  Also, they coincided another run of their pvp with the first batch.  Will that not be continued ?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Awesome
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Fantastic news. Seeing these roll out is always the highlight of my day & a nice morale boost : )
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time to burn more 3*s I suppose. I’m sad about the number of excess Daredevil covers I’ve wasted in fact. With Gambolt finished, Champing Devil seems like a better thing I suppose. And 3 more Fisk covers will put Devil at 452 in fact.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elektra and Kingpin are both at 280, so it's not really a big deal for me which one gives the bonus Daredevil.  My Daredevil is currently sitting at 2/3/2, so all covers will be useful.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 4/4/4 DD and 312 KP are happy for the news. :) now i just need to save up enough iso to champ him before 1 cover go to waste. 
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

Good news.

I just got KP to 280, so I'm happy to double dip on that reward milestone. My 5/3/4 Daredevil will be less pleased about receiving another Yellow cover though. It's not worth getting myself worked up about. I could set DD as my BH, but that could also end up being a Yellow cover and then I'd have to sell two. I think I might take the small win of some bonus ISO.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, since it wasn’t Elektra feeding into Daredevil, my only guess is that there’s a 5* Elektra being planned. How about with an active power where she gets knocked out and sets a Countdown tile that resurrects her with a percentage of max health restored. Like, literally pay 11 AP to kill her off so she can come back instead of waiting for the enemy to do it. Would make vs AI hilarious. “Best moment, downed Elektra’s allies, and she had 11 black AP and downed herself from almost full!” Animation needs to be silhouette of Bullseye stabbing her of course.
  • GibbletsGrabber
    GibbletsGrabber Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Brilliant news

Love these announcements so much can’t get enough of them
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Hurray another good development... 
    My DD is at 5/4/3
    My kingpin is at 309.. switched 4* BH to him.. looking to fully cover DD and 3 extras! ;)
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    That sounds good and all.  Two of the worst four stars now give 5 star rewards.  Sandman and now Kingpin (you guys made him worse after his update)
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    My DD has 5/5/0 so i am not happy about this :/
    5* Rewards from champing should be colourless... otherwise it is more like punishment than reward :D