Weekly boosts applying to Shield Sim

Ruinate
Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
I'm sure it's been brought up before I've just never seen it.  I have a few reasons why I'd like to see weekly boosts in Shield Sim

Thanks to Gambit, for those of us that are in the 5* MMR, using 4* characters is rather difficult.  Unlike the stupid amount of passives in the 5* territory, many 4s actually have ap costs.  Ap costs that get pooped on by Gambit.  If a 4* isn't leveled high and boosted, they now sit on the bench worthless.  A team of triple unboosted 4s stands no chance against a 5* team with Gambit. I'd like to be able to use more 4's than the select few that work well with 5s (Chavez, Carol to name some).  It's not that I think the 5* tier is bad, I just miss the playstyle of actually paying for damage sometimes. 

I am sick of seeing and using Gambit/Bolt/whatever, and I'm sure the 4* players are sick of seeing Grocket/Gamora/whatever.  Let's get some variety in Sim through weekly boosts.  That's what it's there for, right?

It also feels super lame to blast big damage in pve/pvp and then proceed to be all weak in Sim.  It's just lame and doesn't feel good.

The only problem I could see is last minute scrambling for progression might be difficult for those that don't have anything boosted for the week.  But maybe that's a bigger problem than I think it is.  

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Counter point. The boosted list is what you use in 90% of play (time spent) in PVE and PVP.  So they are the most injured, and you’ve been using them and using them.

I don’t mind Simulator being separate.  I get tired of playing the same teams over and over.

In Simulator you can use different teams.  Yes, the meta makes it hard to experiment.  But at least they aren’t all beat up from playing the other modes.  And you get a little variety sometimes.

The Gambit problem won’t be solved by weekly boosts since they only affect 4* tier.  That’s a whole ‘nother thing.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Counter point. The boosted list is what you use in 90% of play (time spent) in PVE and PVP.  So they are the most injured, and you’ve been using them and using them.

Fair

I don’t mind Simulator being separate.  I get tired of playing the same teams over and over.

Only 1 week at a time

In Simulator you can use different teams.  Yes, the meta makes it hard to experiment.  But at least they aren’t all beat up from playing the other modes.  And you get a little variety sometimes.

For 5* players, you really can't.  For 4* players, isn't the best strategy to beat Grocket/Gamora bringing your own?  I don't know what you mean by variety.

The Gambit problem won’t be solved by weekly boosts since they only affect 4* tier.  That’s a whole ‘nother thing.

No, weekly boosts won't make Gambit go away, but Gambit brings more Gambit.  With weekly boosts I can choose not to be part of the Gambit clog by bringing 4s.  Boosted Mordo, Mockingbird, Hulkbuster etc can 1 shot Gambit.  They can't do anything unboosted.  

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm open to ideas to counter that all five of my sim matchups are currently Grockett, Gamora, Medusa, but I like having one game mode where it's just your roster vs. theirs. No gimmicks. Just go in.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    I'm open to ideas to counter that all five of my sim matchups are currently Grockett, Gamora, Medusa, but I like having one game mode where it's just your roster vs. theirs. No gimmicks. Just go in.
    1v1s hahaha like crash