Frequently Asked Questions

Comments

• Sorry, I couldn't start a new post, and figured this was the best post to ask some general noob questions as the first page info seems dated, and Im hitting a learning curve issue with the game. Only been playing 2 weeks or so.

It's not a transitioning issue, I'm trying to follow the guide, but I was curious what I should be focusing on right now, content wise. I played around with my alliance during the ultron event, because the boosted 1star avengers let me feel like I could contribute, and I wound up getting a healthy selection of 2 stars and even snagged 2-3star characters.

I've been poking at Enemy of the State and PVP because the rewards seem better, but also because of the fact the prologue started destroying me mercilessly and I was having better luck using powered up characters in the temp events. Is this normal? It seems like the missions are even scaling with my current covers, cause Im now seeing level 30's Yelena in the Venom mission, and Im not sure if I should even bother finishing these out given the rewards are, well, not too good.

I currently have:
    3 Star: Cap Rogers 1 Red, Ragnarok: 1 Green, 1 Red
    2 Star: Storm: 1 Blue, 2 Yellow, Magneto: 1 Blue, 1 Purple, Wolverine: 1 Red, 1 green, Torch: 2 green , 1 Black , Ares: 1 Green, 1 Yellow,
    1 Star: Hawkeye, 5/5 , Black Widow 5/5, and Iron Man, 2 Red, 5 Armored, 5 Freon Beam.

I've not leveled anyone with iso aside from my 1stars, and they're 15-20ish, and currently Im sitting on an Original Black Widow, a 2 star Thor (2 covers, red and green I believe), and a 2 Star Cap, but Im out of slots and the next slot space is for 3 for 300 HP.

Im just confused if maybe I've messed up by doing the non-standard events and grabbing 2 stars and 3 stars earlier than I should have.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Haetron wrote:
    Sorry, I couldn't start a new post, and figured this was the best post to ask some general noob questions as the first page info seems dated, and Im hitting a learning curve issue with the game. Only been playing 2 weeks or so.

It's not a transitioning issue, I'm trying to follow the guide, but I was curious what I should be focusing on right now, content wise. I played around with my alliance during the ultron event, because the boosted 1star avengers let me feel like I could contribute, and I wound up getting a healthy selection of 2 stars and even snagged 2-3star characters.

I've been poking at Enemy of the State and PVP because the rewards seem better, but also because of the fact the prologue started destroying me mercilessly and I was having better luck using powered up characters in the temp events. Is this normal? It seems like the missions are even scaling with my current covers, cause Im now seeing level 30's Yelena in the Venom mission, and Im not sure if I should even bother finishing these out given the rewards are, well, not too good.

I currently have:
    2 Star: Storm: 1 Blue, 2 Yellow, Magneto: 1 Blue, 1 Purple, Wolverine: 1 Red, 1 green, Torch: 2 green , 1 Black , Ares: 1 Green, 1 Yellow,
    1 Star: Hawkeye, 5/5 , Black Widow 5/5, and Iron Man, 2 Red, 5 Armored, 5 Freon Beam.

I've not leveled anyone with iso aside from my 1stars, and they're 15-20ish, and currently Im sitting on an Original Black Widow, a 2 star Thor (2 covers, red and green I believe), and a 2 Star Cap, but Im out of slots and the next slot space is for 3 for 300 HP.

Im just confused if maybe I've messed up by doing the non-standard events and grabbing 2 stars and 3 stars earlier than I should have.
    You need to start working on the 2 stars. Keep playing the dark reign events and fully clear every node with a token or HP reward. You can also get some covers from the nodes. If you have iron man levelled up, you don't need to bother with any other 1 stars. Use that iso to raise 2 stars.
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Haetron wrote:
    Sorry, I couldn't start a new post, and figured this was the best post to ask some general noob questions as the first page info seems dated, and Im hitting a learning curve issue with the game. Only been playing 2 weeks or so.

I currently have:

You may not agree with me, but if I were you, I would give up both of your 3* and make roster space for 2* Thor and OBW, who both are VERY important in your journey in this game, and yeah just keep playing to get ISO to level up, and over the course you will get heaps of tokens to get covers
  • Yep, Ive made roster space for 2Thor and OBW since making the post, but I didn't ditch out 3 star cap or Rags yet, and I got Colossus because I seriously overachieved in the recent Dark Avengers event. I think im going to go back to the prologue now though, I did not realize how many nodes there gave out HP, so I need to press through them, and ignore the ranked PVE events a bit. (I top 20'd DA, but Hulk is destroying me, because my character options are lower)

My MVP right now has to be 2 star johnny though.
  • how I know the player id?

Thanks
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    wiza wrote:
    how I know the player id?

Thanks
    Could you be more precise? I'm not sure what you are looking for
  • Shizlive
    Shizlive Posts: 17
    edited November 2015
    Mostly solved.
  • So I have an iPhone 4S right now and I'm thinking about upgrading. I have my save file backed up to my facebook but I've seen lots of stuff about how you can only use one device with that save. So does that mean if I upgrade to a better phone I won't be able to continue my game where I'm at now? I've been playing for about 257 days.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I have an iPhone 4S right now and I'm thinking about upgrading. I have my save file backed up to my facebook but I've seen lots of stuff about how you can only use one device with that save. So does that mean if I upgrade to a better phone I won't be able to continue my game where I'm at now? I've been playing for about 257 days.

Make sure you do a force save (do a quick prologue match) before you upgrade, and you will have the exact same everything on your new device. Yes you can even move to an Android device or tablet using the FB Save.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    So I have an iPhone 4S right now and I'm thinking about upgrading. I have my save file backed up to my facebook but I've seen lots of stuff about how you can only use one device with that save. So does that mean if I upgrade to a better phone I won't be able to continue my game where I'm at now? I've been playing for about 257 days.

Make sure you do a force save (do a quick prologue match) before you upgrade, and you will have the exact same everything on your new device. Yes you can even move to an Android device or tablet using the FB Save.

The one device limit is at any one time. When I upgraded from my 4s to my 6, I've actually played on my 4s after the fact and swapped back again at least 3 times now. Now I don't often have a good reason to swap back to my old phone, but if my wife has stolen it mid-phone call or something, it has come in handy.

Just don't try to play two matches at once on multiple devices... that I'm sure would cause problems.
  • Ronburgundy
    Ronburgundy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Malcrof wrote:

So just to confirm, using the iTunes device back up to restore on a new phone does, or does not, actually restore your game progress?
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i got a new one - didnt want to open a thread, dont even know if im in the right section:

what, exactly, is a sandboxed account?
    i understand you will get "sandboxed" if they somehow catch you cheating. so, its a punishment, right?

please correct me:
    if you are sandboxed, you can still play the game, play every pvp/pve, you get points rewards, you get placement rewards(?), but you are on your own and cant connect or open any alliance.

is there something else?
  • I'm starting to get to the point where I'm maxing out my 3 and 4-star characters. However, I'm noticing this happening where even though I've maxed out powers, I can't max out level.

For instance, I'm at 4/5/4 for Wolverine X-Force, but I can only level him to 234 and not 270. My Quicksilver is 4/4/5 and can only go to 163 instead of 166, my Rocket and Groot is 5/4/4 and can only go to 155 and not 166.

Is this a glitch? I have other 3-stars who are one 5 and two 4's and go to their full level, so it doesn't seem to be an issue of having two 5's and a 3.

Any help is much appreciated.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you're referring to the purple LEVEL XXX button next to the gold ^RAISE LEVEL button, that is how much you can level them with the iso you have plus a mother lode (~100 usd). the smaller font "Level Max" above the ^RAISE LEVEL button shows the real max. 13 covers for 4*s, level max should be 270. 13 covers for 3*s, level max should be 166. if that's not the case, I'd take some screenshots and send a ticket.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    if you're referring to the purple LEVEL XXX button next to the gold ^RAISE LEVEL button, that is how much you can level them with the iso you have plus a mother lode (~100 usd). the smaller font "Level Max" above the ^RAISE LEVEL button shows the real max. 13 covers for 4*s, level max should be 270. 13 covers for 3*s, level max should be 166. if that's not the case, I'd take some screenshots and send a ticket.

That makes SO much sense now. Thank you so much. I wasn't aware that the purple level up button took into account the mother lode pack. It has just almost always shown the highest level i could take them to when i got there (270/166/etc). I'll test out my quicksilver and start leveling him to make sure that's the case, but it seems like this was where the confusion was. Thanks again!
  • I currently have my MPQ account tied to an incorrect Facebook account. If I use backup and input a different Facebook account am i going to lose my game? I am hesitant to test it out as I have almost 2 years invested.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I currently have my MPQ account tied to an incorrect Facebook account. If I use backup and input a different Facebook account am i going to lose my game? I am hesitant to test it out as I have almost 2 years invested.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a guide floating around for the process you would need to use to switch the facebook account used to maintain your account.

Yep... in this thread even.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7&p=282671&hilit=facebook#p283955
  • Hi there.

Can someone confirm if I won't or will lose my current CP if I leave my current Alliance.
    Really want to join a more active Alliance.

Your help would be much appreciated,

UncannyLegion.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi there.

Can someone confirm if I won't or will lose my current CP if I leave my current Alliance.
    Really want to join a more active Alliance.

Your help would be much appreciated,

UncannyLegion.

You do not lose anything by switching alliances. What you earn is yours, but you will no longer gain CP when your a member of your old alliance makes a purchase, only when your new one does.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    So I've been thinking of coming back - last time I played was like 2.5 years ago - the issue for me was the need to play on a strict schedule - 8 hours resets for PvE and using alarms for shield timers as well as constantly checking on Line if people are shield hopping, queueing high targets when they unshield and waiting/asking if they reshielded, and the worst part for me was doing the "shield hops" - always being scared of being sniped in the process and having lost rating...

How is this now? Any better? Also - scaling used to be really bad in PvE - from what I quickly read it did not get any better?