Champ Riri or 4* Falcon ?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
Having a hard time figuring out who to champ and was looking for some advice. I have a cover for Riri set to expire in a few days and a 4* Falcon expiring today. Currently I have the ISO to champ both, however I also have Hulk Buster/Agent Venom fully covered as options to level to 270. Then I have quite a few others within a cover or two of leveling to 270 like 4* Thor, Jean Grey, Elektra, Cyclops. 

I can't decide if I should just champ Riri or 4* Falcon, or hold off and save the ISO for a better 4* I might use more often. Riri's not too bad, but I've pretty much got a champed 4* who has a better power compared to her colors. Falcon is kind of a let down IMO, his red is powerful but you need to have yellow ready to go to really maximize on it, also his blue only buffs 2 tiles and not by a whole lot either. The countdown reduction is nice however I guess. 

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riri.
    She's incredible when boosted.

Whoever you think your better red/blue user is - Riri is better.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, Riri is really mean after her rework. She's one of those fourstars that fivestar players choose to use when boosted... There aren't that many of them. Definitely a good investment.

Are you considering Hulkbuster as the "better option" to Riri? Riri's red has a higher damage output per AP, and her blue is a much better feeder Power.

Captain Falcon is one of those "use only when necessary" fourstars unfortunately, so you shouldn't feel any rush to level him.

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champ Riri and then get as many levels on her as you possibly can. She does amazing damage on red, and good damage (with excellent side benefits) on blue and green.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hate to pile on, but Riri is a fantastic choice, and has one of the top power sets in the 4* level.

I wish Falcon was a better character than he is. His yellow and red are both too expensive, and his red depends on shield tiles to be useful, so unless you have somebody else spamming shield tiles, you need 23AP to get the nuke. If his red was even 12AP instead of 14, he would better. He was one of my champs, and now I don't even bring him out when he's boosted. 

Riri on the other hand does even have uses un-boosted (5/3/5 with a boosted red user is very useful). 
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    Riri first, as everyone else has said. Then, I think I would hold on to your ISO, Favorite Jean Grey, and try to champ her next. From the list you posted, I honestly think 4Cyc is the better character, but then he and Riri would be fighting for the same main colors. Jean boosted can be an extremely powerful option.

-Croak.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks guys, I champed Riri and will hold off on Falcap, save my ISO for someone better. 
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm a fan of Riri like everyone else here has stated.  Fun when boosted.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Glad I was lucky enough to champ her.. I do tend to use her for almost everything now.. being that I only have four 4* champed