Kraven pvp starts before pve rewards

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
Just like the title says... why is kraven pvp starting before we have even got the pve rewards?  Is this another pay wall or just incompetence?  Most people will have only 1 or 2 cover kraven for his pvp which makes him panthos fodder.  

Comments

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I doubt it really makes much of a difference. Most people will only have one Kraven cover after the event, if any, and will probably use the loaner anyways. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the second time they pulled that. Nico was the same IIRC. It's not like Thanos exists anyway..
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we need to stop asking why and just accept that the current dev team will uproot years of expected patterns simply because they can
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Daiches said:
    It's the second time they pulled that. Nico was the same IIRC. It's not like Thanos exists anyway..
    I still see gambit thanos in pvp...i think we'll see more this event
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good thing they provide a loaner. Panthos in turn gets eaten by Gambolt, and the circle of scores continues...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just speaking for myself, I always use the loaner during a PvP release event. Fewer health packs needed that way. Most of the people I face typically do the same, it seems. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Must be another one of those “oversights”.

Was always the pvp that started following the end of pve release.  Always the weekend event too.  Maybe the shield training complaints have accelerated the timeline?
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I always user the loaner regardless but hasnt this been the norm lately? The PVE rewards will come in before any of the PVPs are over anyways.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt it really makes much of a difference. Most people will only have one Kraven cover after the event, if any, and will probably use the loaner anyways. 
    Um, this. 

People complain about Shield training not giving us enough time to get covers for and level a new character and then are in a hurry to use their undercovered  and underlevelled character in PvP instead of the loaner? K.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Just speaking for myself, I always use the loaner during a PvP release event. Fewer health packs needed that way. Most of the people I face typically do the same, it seems. 

True. It is good for climbing but then I start using my 1 cover character so the AI doesn't use their lousy one cover powers on defense.. sometimes I'll get a surprise defense win for 5 pts and then lose 100 lol
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like to see this changed in two ways:

1. extend the SHIELD Training to 10 days (or two full weeks...?).

2. move the new character release PvP event two events later (~6 days).

Allows folks to earn a bit of ISO and more time to try out the character in Training (I like re-playing the initial essential node).
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    alaeth said:
    I'd like to see this changed in two ways:

1. extend the SHIELD Training to 10 days (or two full weeks...?).

2. move the new character release PvP event two events later (~6 days).

Allows folks to earn a bit of ISO and more time to try out the character in Training (I like re-playing the initial essential node).
    But the pvp event is a source of covers for the character? With the event beforehand giving covers as well for placement? What’s the point of extending training if you are delaying the events that give additional covers?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I liked getting the PvP rewards Before the PvE rewards. Since I play in an earlier slice of Webbed Wonder than I did in Hearts of Darkness the PvP reward cover meant I could hit the essential node immediately.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    They can't figure out how to get rid of the double cover glitch, so they have added the SHIELD Training, and are running PvP events sooner to minimize the number of people that end up with 6+ covers from PvE alone.