Is it possible to champ all 5*s... ?

What's the way to do it? I mean, is it possible to get enough latest legends packs (25 cp) just to get 13 covers of each new 5* at the rate they are launched? And on top of that be able to get the old 5*s?
If so, from someone new to 4* land, it seems impossible... what are the best ways to do it?

thank you! 

Comments

• chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    yes it is. You need to save 1.6 million iso and likely 300 latest legendary tokens/cp. the for sue you’ll statistically cover likely all three. 

I’ve been basically FTP for two years now and have been able to fully cover Thor and Daredevil. 

Side note - as a person new to four star tier. You likely shouldn’t be worried about this. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need a ton of patience and luck. Focus on 4*s first, hoard your latest tokens so you can cover 3 new 5*s together. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming you are FTP or nearly, you will never champ all 5’s under the current distribution model. 

I have covered or nearly covered all the Latest 5’s from Star Lord through DD by pulling only Latest - SL to 12, the rest to 13.  You need to be pulling about 2 Latest per day on average to be able to do this. I am VIP, playing to 800+ for months and full progression in pve, and manage this.  You also should carefully manage your 3’s to get them cycling near the top of their rewards if you can, to get more cp and LTs from them.

The Classic dilution is so bad now with 18 5’s that you need approx 2520 CP or 126 pulls to get 1 cover for each 5.  Assuming that was 60 days of pulls, you would have another 5* in there by then (they are 30-60 days apart) meaning you increase that number by 140 each cycle.  The 4* feeder program gets up to 6 covers, but that requires very high level 4’s.  This is difficult to achieve due to 4* dilution, barring very focused bonus pulling.  

If they someday reward 5’s from play directly, that might change things. But that doesn’t seem to be coming any time soon, if ever.

Spending can of course move the needle but would require serious funding in the thousands to make it possible to maybe get everyone champed.  One Stark Buy club gets you 7 classic pulls, so $1800 would be maybe enough to get everyone one cover. Now multiply by 13 and remember that you’ll get unusable covers, most likely, as well.  
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    let's see whether i get this correctly.  you are new to 4* land. i assume you probably don't have any champ 5* yet. 

for a young player, i think it's virtually impossible for you to get classic and latest 5* champed. 

classic 5* is so bloated, it's very difficult to get all champ. you will have better luck with the latest. 

Can you get the latest champ? absolutely possible. but you need to hit all the CP progression rewards and get all your 3* and 4* champ (for the rewards).

stay realistic, enjoy your 5* covers that you get. :) have fun!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    For $1800 i would buy a new computer and ... play MPQ on it
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's the way to do it? I mean, is it possible to get enough latest legends packs (25 cp) just to get 13 covers of each new 5* at the rate they are launched? And on top of that be able to get the old 5*s?
    If so, from someone new to 4* land, it seems impossible... what are the best ways to do it?

thank you! 
    1) yes

2) not unless you spend much more heavily than I'm willing to :-D

I switched from Classics to Latest when Spider-Man (Peter Parker) entered tokens, and that's where I've been since. I fully covered SMPP and Doc Ock before they left Latest, fully covered Daredevil before HE left latest, and am at 11/13 covers on Gambit and 7 or 8 on Thor.

I picked up the DLCs on Steam when they were 90% off, but other than that, my spending during that time has been strictly limited to VIP, and my VIP membership hasn't been active that entire time. So, yeah, if you play in the Latest pool and you're at minimum a max progression player in either Story or Versus, it can be done.

You will never catch up to the older 5's without spending, though, even with the slow rollout of classic 5's being tied to Latest 4's.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    If nothing changed in the game, it would take years.  I would have thought the same about 4*’s 2 years ago though, and I’m there now.  

My guess is that a year from now we’ll have multiple new ways to get CP and 5’s, and it won’t seem so crazy then.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    It depends on how rich (or crazy) you are.
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I believe that op is asking if a F2P can champ all 5*? In this game, money can buy a lot of things. 

My answer is yes. One of my alliance mate who is true F2P and he basically open his immense hoard when the new character enters and champ him right away. Of course, he is a long time mpq veteran. As for a newer player, you need to spend some money to buy roster slots. I did that when I started playing two years ago. However, can you keep up with all new releases? I have done for all 5* after 5* strange. You need consistent t5 in both pve and pvp and join a good alliance for the extra rewards. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes you can champ all 5* as a free to play player.  But it will take around two years if you currently have 0 5* champs

1.  You need to grow your three/4* farms to the point you consistently earn 50-60 cp PER DAY

2.  This unlocks the ability to champion all new 5* as released.

3.  Dont worry about classics until you have at least half the 5* tier champed.  Remember, you need to be earning 50plus cp every day.

4.  Once your over the 50% threshold,  you can start spending cp on classics and specialty packs like cosmic

if you ever get to step 4 ,  your profile willl be t25 alliance,  1500+ in pvp and consistent t5 placements in alll pvp.

from 4* land expect the “process” to be 1 1/2 to 2 years