Moving to 4* land. What to do with my 4000 cp points?

Hey comunity,

Playing over a year, and I now have all 3* champed and all 4*s in the roster (not champed of course).
My doubt/problem is what to do with the 4000 CP I accumulated so far?

- Should I start spending them in classical legend packs (20 cp) and accumulating 4* and champion them?
- Should I just save them to spend it all on lattest legend packs (25 cp) one day (who knows when...)?
- Without spending in classical legends how can i get all 5* chars to play on pve?

Thank you!

Comments

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Sorry. I would always go with Latest. Eventually you will want to get to 5* land, and pulling 2 covers for each classic 5 does you no good in the long run. You may be looking for volume of 4*, but are you going to be able to champ everything you draw? What’s your iso situation like?

To me, with a hoard like that you are probably best off just waiting till you have 300+ draws and jumping straight to 5* when there are 3 good ones in rotation. You’ve come this far, ride it out. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until Gambit showed up I was always pulling classics. It was very hard to get 5*s to a powerful level. Had a bunch at 9, 10, 11 covers.

Gambit showed up and pulled all latest. Got a 450 gambit, 453 DD, 452 Thor. Also, it's frustrating pulling classics.

I thought saving 5 cp made classics better but I'll only pull from latest going forward.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma said:
    Sorry. I would always go with Latest. Eventually you will want to get to 5* land, and pulling 2 covers for each classic 5 does you no good in the long run. You may be looking for volume of 4*, but are you going to be able to champ everything you draw? What’s your iso situation like?

To me, with a hoard like that you are probably best off just waiting till you have 300+ draws and jumping straight to 5* when there are 3 good ones in rotation. You’ve come this far, ride it out. 
    This is a legit suggestion as well. Personally I feel that the 4* tier is the best balanced and most fun part of the game, so I wouldn't skip it. But if you're not into spending the time to build out the tier, skipping straight to 5*s is viable.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that suggestion covers both, really. You'll pull 4s and the 5s you DO get will be covered well enough to be ready when the call of 5* land can no longer be ignored. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Jarvind said:
    Personally when I was building up my 4* roster, I would just pull until I got a 14th cover, then stop and collect the ISO to champion that character. Didn't matter who it was - they're all useful when boosted, and they all cough up an LT every 10 champ levels including the first.

That said, I started when there were not nearly as many 4*s - maybe 20 or 25. I have the whole tier champed minus the most recent four or five, but there's nearly 60 now and they're still being pumped out every 2-3 weeks like clockwork. It'll take a long time to catch up to the release rate. It might be worthwhile to focus on the very best ones by setting them as your favorites and selling off less useful covers, at least until you build up a decent bench of champions.

Pull classics, whatever you do. There's no reason to pull Latest unless you're trying to make the jump to 5* land, which frankly I wouldn't be in any rush to do.
    Regarding a player's status as being in transition to 4*, this guy hit it right on the head.

Pull Classics--you get more bang for your buck filling out your 4* roster.  The progression model for everything pays the most dividends once you start tapping champion rewards.  I essentially recommended the same to some newer players in my alliance.  Once you cross the 50% threshold, in terms of having at least half the 4* pool champed, that would be a good time to start pulling from the Latest and never lookback, the odds for fully covering any 5* are vastly (cannot emphasize that enough) improved when pulling from latest.

my two abe lincolns
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Is there really a safe transition to 4* anymore? For Jarvind’s suggestion I supposed the best thing the OP could wish for were a non-5* token that was 10-15cp and would let him make a safe transition without wasting pulls. To me the 5* you draw in classics are worthless for a newer player because they will never be able to get enough on a 5* to help them in the future. And as was mentioned you can get a greater concentration of 5* in the Latest but you either kill your MMR or skip the 4* tier when you get them covered.

This game is strange because it doesn’t really push you in the direction of tier by tier progression. I also agree that the 4* are well-rounded, powerful and the most interesting in the game at the moment, but it is the easiest tier to jump right past. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I disagree that a single classic 5* is useless.  You want at least one of every 5 rostered so you can tackle those essential nodes.  Don't underestimate the power of rostering every 5 at a discount while also filling out the 4 tier cheaper.  No-brainer to me.  Like others I'd be interested in your roster and iso situation.  I'd definitely pull before Grocket leaves as well.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Until Gambit showed up I was always pulling classics. It was very hard to get 5*s to a powerful level. Had a bunch at 9, 10, 11 covers.

Gambit showed up and pulled all latest. Got a 450 gambit, 453 DD, 452 Thor. Also, it's frustrating pulling classics.

I thought saving 5 cp made classics better but I'll only pull from latest going forward.
    Agreed. The penny dropped when I started pulling more 5* dupe covers...in Classic it’s generally a waste (you might get lucky with CS but very rarely), but with Latest there is much less waste. Only the odd Baglady/Ironside etc, but that is rare.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would also suggest pulling classics.  You have 200 pulls of classics and 160 of latest.  With 160 pulls you might cover a 5*.  The challenge is then can you gain another 100+ pulls every 6 weeks to keep up and cover them all?  I personally do since I am in 5* land.  If you pull classics you get 40 more pulls and if you can stop once you get the 14th cover of a 4* you want to champ.  Bonus hero Grocket, Medusa, Ms Marvel, and I would say Gamora.  You get enough iso champ the 4* then stop.  Get enough iso pull covers till you can champ and stop.  That is the best way not to waste covers.  If you had 300 pulls for latest I would say go full latest and just jump to 5* land and grab Gambit while you can but at 160 pulls you might fall short
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    ZeroKarma said:

This is a legit suggestion as well. Personally I feel that the 4* tier is the best balanced and most fun part of the game, so I wouldn't skip it. But if you're not into spending the time to build out the tier, skipping straight to 5*s is viable.
    Exactly this. 5* land is a borefest of fighting Gambit all day. Avoid. 

4* land is the most fun you will have with this game, so pick from classics and enjoy working your way through all the 4*s. I also agree that you should pull from the classics, until you get a 14th cover for a character, then stop until you can champ them. 
  • Nick441234
    edited January 2018
    OJSP said:
    Rod5 said:
    Only the odd Baglady/Ironside etc, but that is rare.
    Who’s Ironside?
    Ironside says hi. 

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    I'd have to agree. Classics will buy you time to champ your 4*s, more pulls and you will eventually cover a bunch of 5*s. The diversity of gameplay and characters is so much better in 4* land.
  • Nick441234
    edited January 2018
    OJSP said:

Isn’t that Ironhide?
    Hahaha, oops, yeah you're right. Close enough though.  :D Certainly closer than Ironfist! 
  • Tiggida
    Tiggida Posts: 64 Match Maker
    With 4000 cp you might be able to champ all 3 of the latest 5*s right now. It's been awhile since my 4* transition, but at this point skipping that tier temporarily might not be such a bad thing. I have 40 or so 4*s champed and I rarely use any of them unless they are essential. If you can get Gambit and Thor now, that'll carry you for awhile and you can champ 4*s after them. In pvp you'll never use the 4*s if you have those 2 and you should be able to get to 1200 which will give you more cp to pull more 4*s quicker. 
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Thank you all for your advice. I now have a better insight of  what my future actions might be. Although I haven't decided yet 100% I will probably not skip the 4* champion fase and will spent in the next months some cp in classical pack to get molre 4* and, at the same time, get one cover of most some 5* to be able to score better on PVE. Also i will be able to get the Deadpool's LL pack with the 4* covers. Also not moving right away to 5* land due to iso needs. 

Thank you all!
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    "What to do with my 4000 CP points"

- make me hella jealous  :)
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    Rod5 said:
    Who’s Ironside?

There's only one Ironside. The Chief!

Bildergebnis fr ironside

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    OJSP said:
    Rod5 said:
    Who’s Ironside?

There's only one Ironside. The Chief!

Bildergebnis fr ironside

This guy would like a Word with you:

• Tiggida
    Tiggida Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    Skipping Gambit with all that cp might be a mistake long term. Maybe pull LTs until you fully cover him, but don't level him at all if you don't want to skip the 4* tier. Your mmr shouldn't be affected if you don't put any ISO into him. You might later regret passing on him now when you had the chance to get him. Then just champ him when you're ready to transition into 5* land.