Ridiculous luck...thank RnGesus for swaps

FinnyMPQ
FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
In the last 3 days I've pulled 4 5* Gambit purple covers for my -- you guessed it -- 5-2-1 Gambit. Anyone else have a fun stretch like this? 

Comments

• Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker

not for Gambit but up till date have tossed 7 purple for my 1-5-2 Thano5 and recently 3 purple for 4-3-5 BiBspider. And lost count on the yellow ones for OML 3-5-2.

And they do tend to come in stretches of more than 2.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
  • FinnyMPQ
    CS is probably sick of me. I mean, it's my own fault for continuing to open LT's, but now I really have a shot at finishing him. Pulled the 2nd one in the middle of the resolution of the 1st. Then submitted the 3rd and pulled the 4th before I even got a response (hasn't even been 24 hrs tho)

Fun times
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I once pulled the same exact cover for a 1* 8 pulls in a row. But that's obviously FAR from the same thing. Just thought it a weird anomaly. My 5* luck has been better than yours, thankfully. Though I do pull a lot of Thano5 purple. 
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    FinnyMPQ said:
    CS is probably sick of me. I mean, it's my own fault for continuing to open LT's, but now I really have a shot at finishing him. Pulled the 2nd one in the middle of the resolution of the 1st. Then submitted the 3rd and pulled the 4th before I even got a response (hasn't even been 24 hrs tho)

Fun times
    How is this your fault. The company has two options: pay a team of customer support hundreds of thousands a year to constantly exchange 5* LT covers OR pay a developer to fix the problem by making coverless colors, an exchange store, or any of the half a dozen other solutions presented on these forums. I'm not a game developer but how long could it really take? 2 months?!?! If a company wants to waste their money on slow, broken exchange policies then let them. 

I say keep pulling!!!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    FinnyMPQ said:

Fun times
    How is this your fault. The company has two options: pay a team of customer support hundreds of thousands a year to constantly exchange 5* LT covers OR pay a developer to fix the problem by making coverless colors, an exchange store, or any of the half a dozen other solutions presented on these forums. I'm not a game developer but how long could it really take? 2 months?!?! If a company wants to waste their money on slow, broken exchange policies then let them. 

I say keep pulling!!!

Those slow, broken Exchange policies may make the Company more Money than any of the half a dozen suggested solutions. They might be paying for the team of customer support.

Or not. I don't have any insight into the overall game economy. I can definitely see a fear that colorless covers or Exchange stores could lead to less cash inflow at least.

• FinnyMPQ
    I say keep pulling!!!
    Oh I'm gonna...lol
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I don't have any financial info either but i'll just use my own experience. 

I pulled a 6th purple gambit. I contacted CS who emailed me back for more info. I then emailed them back with the extra info. They emailed me back saying it would be fixed. So that person then went in saw it was true and awarded me the red cover i needed. This slow, 2-day email tag game, in essence is a salary that they pay. This will happen the next time, and the next time, etc, etc, This is a annual cost to the company!

However, if there was a code written into the game that first checked to see if i had an extra cover, then checked to see if the cover was 1 of the 3 latest 5* characters. then when meeting both those criteria allowed my cover to be put into another color. Then that whole process would be obsolete. This is a 1 time investment!

even if it were a broken code that only worked 50% of the time, that is still a 50% reduction in required manpower to fix a problem. Leaving CS to work on other things. I don't have data but i'm willing to bet roughly 60% of what CS does is latest cover swaps. 

Just saying from a business standpoint it is a REALLY bad policy
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish.  Since Gambit's entry to tokens I've pulled 11 5* total.  I was on track to champ Daredevil but fell short by two covers when Archangel entered.

If my luck doesn't turn around by the time Gambit goes to classics I might have to retire from PvP altogether.  My current OML/Spidey combo is very red meat.  I'm getting hit at point values below 300.  I'm so non-threatening the 10 points I must be worth is a gimme match.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    My 5* Daredevil ended up being 10-1-2. Thanks to CS exchange i was able to get him fully covered with a week to spare.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've thankfully never had a streak like this with a 5* - the worst, I think, was three Banner blue covers when blue was already maxed, but lolbanner. 

I did, however, pull AT LEAST six purple Mockingbirds in a row on a 1/0/5 Mockingbird. I say at least because I stopped counting after five so I'm not sure of the exact number.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
    I wish.  Since Gambit's entry to tokens I've pulled 11 5* total.  I was on track to champ Daredevil but fell short by two covers when Archangel entered.

If my luck doesn't turn around by the time Gambit goes to classics I might have to retire from PvP altogether.  My current OML/Spidey combo is very red meat.  I'm getting hit at point values below 300.  I'm so non-threatening the 10 points I must be worth is a gimme match.
    You're worth 60 to the person hitting you from zero.
    You only lose a fraction of the points the guy hitting you gains while you're below 1000.

It's how points are generated.

Snowcatt was saying the same thing, took us months to explain the concept to him.
  • Calnexin
    Sometimes the retals are coming in at 40+ points, meaning they weren't at zero.  Unfortunately, those are all champed gambit teams, and trying to get those points is about an 80/20 proposition with guaranteed 3 health packs required afterward.  It's really untenable for climbing.  I don't want to shield at 250.  That's ridiculous.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Gambit is 1/4/5 and has been for about 30 tokens. The only time I actually want to pull a 5* and I can't get any!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    KC_Hammer said:
    My 5* Daredevil ended up being 10-1-2. Thanks to CS exchange i was able to get him fully covered with a week to spare.
    I'm a longtime player but haven't been too active on the forum in months... I'm just now at the stage of 5-covering some 5*'s powers, and you're saying CS will exchange unneeded 5* covers for same-character alternate color of my choosing? Do I just have to open the filing-a-ticket tab and send them a quick email about that, specifying the cover I want instead, and then they'll swap it into my screen of unrostered covers?
    Thank you!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    During the first run of Sakaar Arena, I pulled 5 consecutive blue covers for Bag Man. I took it as a sign, and added him to my roster. Since then, he's 2/7/2
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened my mini-hoard over the past few weeks and pulled way above average and was able to max cover DD (when he was still in LL) and Gambit and now have 11 covers for Thor.  I have it copied down somewhere but I want to say I opened around less than 100 LL tokens and spent around 2000 CP, maybe even a little less of each.  All I know was that it was lower than 200 draws which is less than the recommended amount to max cover multiple 5* from scratch. I am sorry for whomever got the other end of the RNG stick due to my pulls.... 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    My yondu has been at 0/2/10ish for a very long time
  • FinnyMPQ
    Day 1180 & my resupply was a yellow 5* Cap (5-2-3) so that was fun watching it get closer and closer knowing I'd never be able to use it
  • Calnexin
    OJSP said:
    Calnexin said:
    Sometimes the retals are coming in at 40+ points, meaning they weren't at zero.  Unfortunately, those are all champed gambit teams, and trying to get those points is about an 80/20 proposition with guaranteed 3 health packs required afterward.  It's really untenable for climbing.  I don't want to shield at 250.  That's ridiculous.
    Try climbing using one 5* instead of 2, or using boosted 4*s if they are strong enough. That way only 4* teams or those with 1 5* can see you until you break MMR. We’d still get hit, but the retal nodes would be more manageable. Once you start seeing 4* teams, change to your 2 5*s and match fast to your 1st shield. This method has been working alright for me for almost a year now.
    Does that work?  I know your defense is limited to the teams you've used, but I thought your MMR was strictly determined by your roster and current point value - eg, even if I use 2* and 3* teams to beat loaner teams, 5* teams will still be able to see them because I have two champed 5's available.

I tried doing the trading hits thing during the wins-based season and I'm relatively certain the double-champ 5's could still see my underpowered trade teams, so much so that I had to relent after about a half dozen matches because I'd get way more points taken away from higher powered  teams than I'd get in viable retal options from like-minded individuals.