Resilient Khenra bug [Investigating]

Options
Igemon
Igemon Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
This card has a bug.
Say you have already a stack of this creatures (for example 4 of them with total 8/8), and add another one to the stack.
Card says "the first other creature you control gets +2/+2"
In fact, other creature will get +8/+8.
It adds a full stack power, and this is wrong.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Navgoose
    Navgoose Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bug or not only the eternalized token works like that. Like the code is to add +x instead of +2 or +4.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nice bug though. makes khenra really potent.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I faced a deck in TG today.  This bug is back yet again.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I prefer that the eternalized version of Khenra work this way. Why would you ask for this to be fixed? It's way cooler this way!
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I prefer that the eternalized version of Khenra work this way. Why would you ask for this to be fixed? It's way cooler this way!
    Considering it's contrary to what's written on the card and was, in fact, fixed at one point in time I think it's safe to call it an unintended behavior bug.  No matter play experience.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll pass it along to the team to notify them that this bug may have returned
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Just change the card text to say "your first other creature gets +x/+y where x is this creature's power and y is this creature's toughness after entering the battlefield". The coding work is already done xD
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not a bug to me: this is exactly how the paper version of the card works
  • stikxs
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    Not a bug to me: this is exactly how the paper version of the card works
    And the text on the paper version is different from PQ.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    stikxs said:
    Just change the card text to say "your first other creature gets +x/+y where x is this creature's power and y is this creature's toughness after entering the battlefield". The coding work is already done xD
    This is kind of where I'm at with this game. There are so many bugs. They do so little testing. So there will always be bugs. Instead of treating the game as a busted game, where I'm constantly frustrated by what doesn't work properly, I'm taking a perspective that the "bugs" are just hidden abilities (some good; some bad) that I get to learn while I play the game.

With that perspective, knowing how to navigate the sea of uncharted bugs has become more of a pleasure than a chore.

But if they would just update card texts to reflect realities, I'd be happy with that. But I'm also fine with busted-**** cards just staying busted and making this game more unique.
  • stikxs
    Options
    Just a note, I think it might be only the aftermath side of this card having issues. In my current AWR event match I'm using Khenra and stacking the normal version gave my first other creature +2/+2 all 3 times even though the stack got to 6/6. However, after killing it and bringing the aftermath sides back it gave +4/+4 on the first return the the battlefield and +8/+8 on the second.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll pass it along to the team to notify them that this bug may have returned
    I don't know why claim this returned. Ever since ixn came out it kept buffing the first creature like a monster. I never saw it fixed although people repeatedly claimed it around here. Every single time I would go back, retry its behavior and boom, nothing changed. 🤔
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    Brigby said:
    I don't know why claim this returned. Ever since ixn came out it kept buffing the first creature like a monster. I never saw it fixed although people repeatedly claimed it around here. Every single time I would go back, retry its behavior and boom, nothing changed. 🤔
    I agree.  It has always been like this, it was never fixed.  Not that I'm complaining, I like it much better as is (and it is closer to the paper ability anyway)