Puzzle Brawl

Hadronic
Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
Alright, I posted this idea on discord and got some discussion but figured i would put it here for more visibility.

I'm sick of PvE and PvP. I want something new, something different, something puzzly.

Using Hearthstone as inspiration, we should have a version of Tavern Brawl but MPQ style.

The basic idea is to have matches, but with a twist to the rules. Some ideas I had:

All countdown tiles start at 1
Both teams start with 5k of protect tiles
all passives nullified
all actives cost 50% normal AP
all countdown tiles deal 1 damage
all match damage reduced to 0
no ap generation except from regular matches
teams can only fire 1 power per turn
every time blue is matched, stun the target for x turns
all "insert color" damage is doubled
generate X "insert color" ap every turn

etc... 

This sounds like lots of fun to me and would occasional create some really interesting team synergies depending on whatever rule twist is present in the node.
Think it would be fun as part of the daily or perhaps 1 every 5 days, similar to the crash.

Comments

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    You can fold this into DDQ too.  have a match with a different condition every day.
    I like the idea of a neverending wave node with a condition:  You start at 30 ap for each color, and you cannot gain ap.  How long could you last?
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I totally agree that more needs to be done to make things different. It's why I enjoy alliance events, even though the last few have been too easy and over with days to spare if you have a decent roster/alliance. It's why I would like to see the return of Heroic events where the rosters are limited.

What you suggest would be one of the easiest ways for them to provide that 'difference'. It basically changes the ground rules rather than having to come up with a new framework for events, or new character type. I'd be happy to see them introduce rules like that for entire subs or entire PvEs rather than a new separate element. And it needs to be more than a few 'special' tiles that occasionally destroy a line.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    This reminds me of the modifier slots in the Mortal Kombat series.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah. So I was hesitant to suggest an entire sub or event like this and went with a single node in the DDQ as proof of concept.

Changing the game rules feels like the kind of 4th wall break deadpool would be into anyways.

And if it's as fun as I hope they could expand the concept to entire subs or events.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I’m all for this. In all honesty, they teased us with an idea similar to this, with the mad titan crash last holiday. Though it was limited to only character selection, we had to pick someone daily that met a certain criteria, and then try to defeat a tough enemy for a handsome prize. Adding more stipulations would be great, running it daily and adding a nice bonus reward would be terrific. If I get 250 iso, 1 cp, or 10hp as a prize, though? I might flip my lid
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I think these would be great ideas.  They have a little bit by throwing hazard tiles into the mix but I agree that there should be a little bit more added in.