edited January 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the season updates for the Mind Gem Season, starting on January 11th:

Pack Rotation
  • America Chavez will become a Latest 4-Star
  • Cloak & Dagger will become a Vintage 4-Star
  • Angel (All-New X-Men) will be entering packs
Characters
  • Gambit sell-back prices will be returning to the normal 5-Star & 3-Star sell-back prices.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the 3* Gambit price also returning to normal?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like a very unexciting season.. I was hoping to start the new year with some rebalances. Poor 3* Punisher has been shooting with a water gun
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Is the 3* Gambit price also returning to normal?
    I've edited the article to show that both Gambits are likely to change at the same time back to their original sell-back price.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, went all out this season...
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Guess they were too busy counting the money from digi day to make any changes?  

Seriously tho, no updates, no rebalances, no bug fixes.  What exactly are they doing?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the third season in a row without character rebalances, no? Can anyone provide insight into why this might be? Since they started the rebalances they have only skipped one season at most, and normally offer one to three rebalances (two being the typical number.)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No 3* Gambit buffs huh.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I think Gambit was rebalanced in December (second last season). It caused an uproar all over the forum. I'm surprised that you didn't catch that.

Kraven would be a new playable character and I suppose it might rebalance the game since many players complained about Medusa/G4mora/R4G.

I'm pretty new to this game, so I guess my expectation from D3 is comparably lower than the seasoned players. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Gambit was rebalanced in December (second last season). It caused an uproar all over the forum. I'm surprised that you didn't catch that.

Kraven would be a new playable character and I suppose it might rebalance the game since many players complained about Medusa/G4mora/R4G.

I'm pretty new to this game, so I guess my expectation from D3 is comparably lower than the seasoned players. 
    The Gambit update is technically a rebalance I suppose, although that was done as an emergency update, so to speak. Typically they have two character rebalances of older characters attached to the start of each PvP season. 4* characters are the usual focus, but we get the occasional 3* and rarer 5* update as well. I believe there have been one or two changes to 2* or below characters bundled into these before as well, as a third character update. There is probably an official list of rebalances somewhere but I can't find it.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Or they just didn't have any updates ready to implement this month. Nevermind that it wasn't all that long ago when there were no updates or rebalances EVER. We aren't entitled to one every month, and nobody benefits from you insinuating that they aren't doing their jobs. 
    Sorry my questions don’t align with your principles.  Thankfully this is a forum where we’re allowed to ask questions, and I’m sorry you think it unfair to wonder aloud what they’re doing.

Strange sights still busted, boosted banner still broken, a number of other bugs still awaiting some attention.  Lots of characters awaiting some long overdue rebalance.  It’s now 2 season in a row nothing has been changed at all.  

And 5* gambit still irrecoverably OP.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Or they just didn't have any updates ready to implement this month. Nevermind that it wasn't all that long ago when there were no updates or rebalances EVER. We aren't entitled to one every month, and nobody benefits from you insinuating that they aren't doing their jobs. 
    Sorry my questions don’t align with your principles.  Thankfully this is a forum where we’re allowed to ask questions, and I’m sorry you think it unfair to wonder aloud what they’re doing.

Strange sights still busted, boosted banner still broken, a number of other bugs still awaiting some attention.  Lots of characters awaiting some long overdue rebalance.  It’s now 2 season in a row nothing has been changed at all.  

And 5* gambit still stupidly and irrecoverably OP.
    They're busy making sure that their second pass will completely gut Gambit.
    And coming up with a fourth in game currency to purchase 6*s with.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess it's time to dismantle the 3* Gambit farm. Had a good run though - five Gambits harvested, that's Three new roster spots since it coincided with the roster slot discount.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And no action taken to tone down 5* Gambit.  Looks like PvP will be equally unplayable for another season unless you're lucky enough to have him already champed.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    What a monster slap in the face. No rebalances/buffs/5* champion feeders with the upcoming season ...... no nerf to god-mode gambit (rendering another season of unplayable staleness as mentioned above).  

Looks we have yet another lazy season where we all fight like crazy for weeks on end for a measly heroic pack that usually yields mostly 2*. We give this game gold and we get peanuts in return.

I have never seen such an expensive, time consuming game give back so little in return. Not to mention all the bugs & glitches left untouched too. Woof.

#NerfGambitAlready
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What about new 4* progression rewards?
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    They're busy making sure that their second pass will completely gut Gambit.

Let's hope so.