10009 Simulator points.

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
I recently saw a screenshot showing the top of a SHIELD Simulator leaderboard.
The top 6 players have the same score: 10009 exactly. How come? Is 10009 some kind of roof in Simulator scoring? Most often theres a wider variety of scores.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    10K?? Wow.. some dedication. They likely kept hitting each other back and forth to give them the same scores. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are they all in the same alliance? Maybe it's some alliance's way of securing all of the top spots.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys are funny.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    That screenshot is almost 2 years old and the result of a full season of Sim hopping by *redacted*. They all wanted to end on the same score over 10k. 10009 isnjust where the dice fell. And if I'm not mistake. *redacted* went over.

**removed references to players and an alliance - Ducky
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was this really from two years ago? This thread got even funnier!
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Why were the names redacted when they posted about in the forums in the original?  
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/468347#Comment_468347
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why were the names redacted when they posted about in the forums in the original?  
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/468347#Comment_468347
    Because these days you require the written consent of every mentioned player who you even mention in passing.
  • dudethtsawesome
    Then by the same standards, don't they need to redact every post that mentions the same names?  I mean, that whole thread should basically need to be redacted. 
  • dudethtsawesome
    Bowgentle said:
    Then by the same standards, don't they need to redact every post that mentions the same names?  I mean, that whole thread should basically need to be redacted. 
    I think they should just redact the whole forum, it doesn't serve any purpose anymore anyway.
    Unfortunately, it does seem to be getting that way. 
  • dudethtsawesome
    You can go higher but after 10k, every match was 1 point so I think most just stopped at 10009 
  • dudethtsawesome
    I learned that roster spots cost 2000 hp at 300 slots so I'm with you on learning something new today haha. 
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Gotta earn that pay...i meant freebies.....
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Ducky is merely enforcing the rules that were set for the forum. The reason we do not allow for in-game player names to be mentioned, is because we've had instances in the past where players would post in-game names, for example, requesting players target them in Versus Tournaments. This can be classified as harassment, which is not allowed on the forum. 

The player mentioned in this thread may be retired, however if we allowed their name to be posted in the forum still, it establishes a precedent.

If you wish to provide feedback on the forum rules, please contact me in a private message, and I'd be happy to discuss it with you.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    @Brigby

I can appreciate the intent behind the rule.  However this would be akin to making a policy in your office that because sexual harassment has happened before women cannot be talked to or about...  A rule doesn't have to so blanket that you nerf the ability to communicate effectively.  There needs to be some common sense applied and the rule should IMO only be applied in rules where people are harassing (maybe even then go out to spell out common forms of harassment).  Never being able to say someone else's name is pretty absurd.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    @Brigby

I can appreciate the intent behind the rule.  However this would be akin to making a policy in your office that because sexual harassment has happened before women cannot be talked to or about...  A rule doesn't have to so blanket that you nerf the ability to communicate effectively.  There needs to be some common sense applied and the rule should IMO only be applied in rules where people are harassing (maybe even then go out to spell out common forms of harassment).  Never being able to say someone else's name is pretty absurd.
    It's pretty telling that instead of fixing the system to avoid people being able to target and harass someone, that they just create a blanket statement that keeps us from saying it out loud on the forum.  I can only imagine how many times someone sees my in game name and goes out of their way to beat me lol
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    @Brigby

It's pretty telling that instead of fixing the system to avoid people being able to target and harass someone, that they just create a blanket statement that keeps us from saying it out loud on the forum.  I can only imagine how many times someone sees my in game name and goes out of their way to beat me lol
    Not yours.  Maybe others.  Darn I wish I had my Line stickers now.  
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    @Brigby

Sure, i like to think i keep my counter arguements as civil as possible.  Heck, if i see a name that matches a name from the forum, i just chalk it up to a neat coincidence. But the point still stands that the rule is somewhat draconian in nature, due to the fact there is nothing stopping someone from hitting the same person 15 times in pvp.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    broll said:
    @Brigby

Sure, i like to think i keep my counter arguements as civil as possible.  Heck, if i see a name that matches a name from the forum, i just chalk it up to a neat coincidence. But the point still stands that the rule is somewhat draconian in nature, due to the fact there is nothing stopping someone from hitting the same person 15 times in pvp.
    Only? 

Edit:
    ok.  That was a bit snarky.  At times that is what MMR gives you. MMR gives me the same 3/4 people in LRs every event if they play.  All the time.  I could name them but, you know forums rules.  My MMR hates some others with same rosters as well.  Just odd.