Best use of Hero Points

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards

So, a Cyclops red cover is up for grabs in the Heroes for Hire store shortly which would enable me to champ him.  I have him at lvl 209 so could champ straight away iso-wise. I’m not sure whether he has been left behind in the meta and I should just wait out his final colour though.

Alternatively, for the cost of 3600HP  I could grab 4 roster slots at the discounted price. If I spend on the roster slots it would allow me to roster 3 of the 2* I’m not farming at present but have on the vine with an extra spot spare.

So what is the best investment?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclops is still decent - I used him to great effect in the Apocalypse boss battle. But if you don't have any covers expiring for him I don't Think there is any particular rush to finish him. Investing in the two-star farm means you will get those HP back and then some over time - with the discounted price you will make back the roster slot cost in just over two cycles.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends where you are at with roster slots. If you still have to roster at least one non-1star character (not counting dupes), then roster slots is the better investment.
  • MacEifer
    MacEifer Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    In the long run you do want to farm all 2's as far as I understand it because it's ISO neutral and you turn the covers into More HP, CP, covers and tokens. So not farming them is a net loss in non-ISO currencies. 3 flips of each basically pay for their own roster slot and then everything after is just net profit. so you'll likely get more out of investing into them sooner than later.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon said:
    Is Cyclops 4/4/4, 5/2/5 or 5/4/3?

buying a Cyke cover for a 5/2/5 can prevent cover selling in the future. A 5/4/3 is a reasonable gamble while a 4/4/4 is a don't buy scenario.

Furthermore, where is your 3* Cyke at? Check if you're close to another 4* cover and then decide.

At the moment I would go for the roster slots though.

• DAZ0273
    I do still have non 1* characters to roster, so the slots can be filled pretty quickly for farming. Of those characters I'm missing - all apart from Nico are classic 5* (DD, Cap, Hulk, OML) + Spider-Gwen, so the odds are longer on getting those. The 2* I don't have I rotate as I champ and flip so this would pretty much be an expansion to my farm and would mean no more 2* covers have to wait for others to champ for a spare spot. I could also roster Bagman as I have covers on the vine...

My Cyclops is 4/5/3 so the guaranteed red is really the main draw. My 3* Cyke is 218 so coming up on a 4* Cyke cover which I think would be yellow? So that would give me an LT if champed and I could probably bonus hero him there in no time. I suppose I could buy the cover with CP but I'm reluctant to do that.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Level 223 3clops gives 4clops blue which would do the trick.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    excepting 7cp for$2, rostering Shia LeBouf Bagman is the wisest thing you could do.
    rarest of covers; you MUST NOT let them expire.
    farming is a safe investment. you should be churning through those 1's too for the exp.
    but;
    Dilution isn't getting better so it could be a looooong time before the right cover comes up again, you have both resources nesc. maybe just champ him and look forward to your starter LT from RNGesus next time instead of having it be his 6th and being all upset at the missed opportunity. 

first Roster Cleveland Sports Fans Bagman already.
    then scrape together over the week the HP 4 HfH
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buy the slots, make 3* Cyclops your sole bonus hero and you'll get him to 223 in no time which will allow you to champ 4Clops (he is still pretty good even if he's old).

• DAZ0273
    Thanks to all, Bagman here I come!

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    purplemur said:
    excepting 7cp for$2, rostering Shia LeBouf Bagman is the wisest thing you could do.
    rarest of covers; you MUST NOT let them expire.
    Mine has been sitting at LVL 100 for at least the past six months!  I want another Bagman Event!  :)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait...is it actually worth champing Bagman now? I always thought it was a waste of time and ISO?
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Bagman gives an LT for final champ reward.  That’s worthwhile enough for me.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently went through and figured out that on average I've gotten a bagman cover a month.  If that rate keeps up I'll have that sweet sweet LT in November of 2020.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    To the tune of Shots by LMFAO:

SLOTS SLOTS SLOTS SLOTS SLOTS

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Just my thoughts on HP not reading the OP post.

Priority for them based on a somewhat f2p mindset.

1. Still have characters to be rostered. Way more important than hfh or 10 packs.

2. HfH if you have nearly everyone rostered. At lower level HP reserves (less than 5k), totally a judgement call if you really feel the cost is worth it.

3. Hardcore 4 star player. Roster slots are just a bonus with this sale otherwise you're really holding out for anniversary or non-existent Christmas vaults.

• PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    If you are going to spend HP on packs, the current off-season 40-packs are the way to go.  "Only" 10k and you get the bonus LT and increased BH draw rates.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    In my personal experience, I find it’s much faster earning 120 CP for a 4* cover than it is to get 5000 HP. Roster slots never get old and if you find you’ve hoarded a lot of HP, special vaults with 40 or so items in it are sometimes worth the HP. 

Right now is an excellent time to buy the slots. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    Wait...is it actually worth champing Bagman now? I always thought it was a waste of time and ISO?
    It depends on how hard we play Versus and how frequent we get his covers. I’ve gotten 3 LTs out of him in a last year, but I know someone who has 14 lvl 144s in their roster and another one nearly done (the point is about the number of covers they have received, not the HP for slots and the iso to champion him). If we have the roster slot and iso to champion one, it’s a slow long term investment.
    I guess the question I'd have for that person is: why not sell them as you champ them...? Useless to have 15 max champed Bagmen, unless you're saving iso for a rainy day (which does make some sense if you have the roster slots).