How to reach max progression rewards in PvE?

Elric_VIII
Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
I notice that there's a 5* required node in PvE now. Do I need to clear that as well to reach max progression rewards? And is it still 5x clears of nodes?

Comments

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    No the 5* nodes does not have to be complete for progression and yes it's still 5 clears
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 5star node does NOT count towards progression score calculation. 5 immediate hits per sub is all it takes (and 2 for waves).
    Becusse of this, for EOTS half progression would be a more apt name, since you end up with almost double the score of max progression if you play optimal.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    If you're not going for placement, the 5* node will help you get to progression faster but not by much in cl7. Cl8 would probably just be 4 clears with the 5* node. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before they dropped the point value of the 5e node in CL7, you could do 4x clears of everything to get full progression (wave nodes were 2x). Dropping the points down in 7 like they did made it so you have to do a few extra nodes. I haven't tried doing 4X in CL8 or 9 to see if those full-point-value 5e nodes are still enough or not
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Further I recommend playing in Clearance Level 6 if you don't have the specific required 5* for the event.
    In CL6 there is not 5* node. This means you can still compete for top / good ranking which is near impossible in CL7 - 9 if you're not playing the 5* node.

That advice is fine but once a player reaches rank 69 they are locked out of SCL6 and they are are forced to enter SCL7 and above.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Further I recommend playing in Clearance Level 6 if you don't have the specific required 5* for the event.
    In CL6 there is not 5* node. This means you can still compete for top / good ranking which is near impossible in CL7 - 9 if you're not playing the 5* node.

That advice is fine but once a player reaches rank 69 they are locked out of SCL6 and they are are forced to enter SCL7 and above.
    Pretty sure that's PvP only.  I don't think there are any PvE lockouts at any level.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    CL6 when necessary for what?  I would think that for a 5* player, the 3 CP every day in the 5* node of CL9 would be mandatory.  Are the other rewards worth losing out on all of that CP?

Even when I play a PvE casually now, I still play in CL9. The rewards are worth it.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before they dropped the point value of the 5e node in CL7, you could do 4x clears of everything to get full progression (wave nodes were 2x). Dropping the points down in 7 like they did made it so you have to do a few extra nodes. I haven't tried doing 4X in CL8 or 9 to see if those full-point-value 5e nodes are still enough or not
    It's about enough at SCL8. You might need to do an extra easy node or two, depending on the point values for the non-repeating or the presence of wave nodes, but it's more or less enough. SCL9 should be able to do it easily.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Orion said:
    CL6 when necessary for what?  I would think that for a 5* player, the 3 CP every day in the 5* node of CL9 would be mandatory.  Are the other rewards worth losing out on all of that CP?

Even when I play a PvE casually now, I still play in CL9. The rewards are worth it.
    The main situation where it might be necessary is if you don't have the 5*.