Day 1528 and still getting Standard Token as daily reward

Kaeyne
Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker

I don't expect to be showered in gold after four years of consistent playing but - come on... a standard token? Shouldn't rewards be more rewarding for veteran players? A bit of downtime inbetween LT's and 4* covers is understandable but there are still five or more days with garbage rewards.

Or is the "good stuff" reserved for those that buy into the VIP thingie?

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Even if you pay for VIP you’ll still get standard tokens in the daily re-supply.
  • Kaeyne
    Even if you pay for VIP you’ll still get standard tokens in the daily re-supply.
    I know that there are no different rewards, I was just being sarcastic...
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    As long as a 1 star is required for DDQ they will keep pushing standard tokens. Its sad.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Pessi said:
    As long as a 1 star is required for DDQ they will keep pushing standard tokens. Its sad.
    But they don't have to do so in the daily rewards. DDQ awards a standard token itself and if you play PVP you'll be showered in 1-stars.
  • Kaeyne
    CNash said:
    Pessi said:
    But they don't have to do so in the daily rewards. DDQ awards a standard token itself and if you play PVP you'll be showered in 1-stars.
    Yes. This.
    You get tons of 1* and standard tokens from playing alone on a daily basis. I really don't need another one for being a veteran player, otherwise I feel slightly insulted.
  • vinniebabe22
    vinniebabe22 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Deffo needs an overhaul. It's crazy that they'd expect us to get to 3+ years and think oh yeah.... I don't have that 1star venom cover.... sweet
  • Kaeyne
    Deffo needs an overhaul. It's crazy that they'd expect us to get to 3+ years and think oh yeah.... I don't have that 1star venom cover.... sweet
    There's always the Chance for another 3*! Slim, but ... yeah, no. I'd rather have an elite token instead tbh.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    "They don't owe you anything!" - numerous of forumites.
    "Be happy for what you get and get over it!" - same forumites.

I agree with you though. They should look over the daily rewards, ditch the Standard Tokens efter day 100 when they become irrelevant and start rolling out stuff we need such as a few thousand ISO here and a few thousand ISO there, a 10-pack heroics here, and another 10-pack there.
    I think the main problem is that if they alter the resupply list, people will complain about the rewards they missed out on.  It's nice that they gave retrospective 5* covers with the roll out of 5* champ rewards, but I can't really imagine them handing out the 50 10-packs you "missed out on" after the reward changes.  And you know there would be people complaining about it: especially if they just missed out on a decent new reward by one day.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    I think realistically changing old resupplies are not an option.

Changing future ones though should really be looked at.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's funny to see this topic here. We were just talking about it in my alliance chat as well. It's really silly to still be receiving random drops of a standard token or 500 iso after 2, 3, 4 years of playing. They could at least throw in a random chance at 1 or 2 cp and upgrade standards to elites
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't even need to be something big.  Just replace Std's with 250 iso and I'd be happy to just not have to open and sell the 1*s.  

If there was an option in the game to receive 100 iso in place of all std tokens I'd do it, even though I know i'd be losing out on that deal.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Part of what they need to do is eventually create clearance levels or something along those lines for the daily deadpool quests.  With the advent of Bonus Heroes they got rid of the ability to buy standard tokens for ISO, however the first node in DDQ requires you to have at least one 1-star hero to play it.  On the chance that someone might either purposefully or accidentally sell their 1-star heroes they need ways then to earn them back to have them for that DDQ node.  Thus there needs to standard tokens to earn since you cannot buy them.  This problem gets solved if you no longer need 1-star characters for anything, which _could_ be the case if there are different versions of the DDQ and perhaps at a certain SCL the 1 star essential node gets replaced by something better (perhaps something like the big enchilada , but rewards a guaranteed 4-star instead of 3-star, or maybe rewards a 10-pack of heroic tokens)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see a clearance level for DDQ and just shift everything up a teir; make it so that Behemoth Burrito was 5/4/3, Big Enchilada was a 4*, and the Crash was a 5*, even it if it still gave out an LT
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    @moss04 - not that your idea is a bad one, but it's not a good justification. There's a standard token as the first progression reward in DDQ so if you can beat any single node you will get a standard token. Not to mention how plentiful they are in LRs (only running 2 days isn't ideal of course) as well as being rewarded in essentially every node in PVE somewhere in the reward stack. I will give you that the player has to actaully know these exist to find them, except that the DDQ one is right there...
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    mexus said:
    "They don't owe you anything!" - numerous of forumites.
    "Be happy for what you get and get over it!" - same forumites.

I agree with you though. They should look over the daily rewards, ditch the Standard Tokens efter day 100 when they become irrelevant and start rolling out stuff we need such as a few thousand ISO here and a few thousand ISO there, a 10-pack heroics here, and another 10-pack there.
    I think the main problem is that if they alter the resupply list, people will complain about the rewards they missed out on.  It's nice that they gave retrospective 5* covers with the roll out of 5* champ rewards, but I can't really imagine them handing out the 50 10-packs you "missed out on" after the reward changes.  And you know there would be people complaining about it: especially if they just missed out on a decent new reward by one day.
    I think this problem could be alleviated by (1) simple scaling: give out improved awards based on seniority. For example, if you're 1,000 days in you get far better awards than if you're 100 days in. Or (2)(a) you could make numerological anniversaries much better drops (100 days, 200 days, etc.) -- then it would be easy to effect "catch-ups" for senior players by just giving them the cumulative awards like they did with iso on the shield rank changes or (b) change all the rewards and pay everybody as if they'd never gotten anything previously (it's not all that much stuff, in reality, in the scale of things.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

moss04 said:
    Part of what they need to do is eventually create clearance levels or something along those lines for the daily deadpool quests.  With the advent of Bonus Heroes they got rid of the ability to buy standard tokens for ISO, however the first node in DDQ requires you to have at least one 1-star hero to play it.  On the chance that someone might either purposefully or accidentally sell their 1-star heroes they need ways then to earn them back to have them for that DDQ node.  Thus there needs to standard tokens to earn since you cannot buy them.  This problem gets solved if you no longer need 1-star characters for anything, which _could_ be the case if there are different versions of the DDQ and perhaps at a certain SCL the 1 star essential node gets replaced by something better (perhaps something like the big enchilada , but rewards a guaranteed 4-star instead of 3-star, or maybe rewards a 10-pack of heroic tokens)
    Or just provide a loaner for that node. It's not like anyone EVER loses it playing lvl 40 Jugs, after all. The only thing they'd lose in such a change is a roster spot squatter for every veteran player.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    I think realistically changing old resupplies are not an option.

Changing future ones though should really be looked at.
    If they only change how they structure the rewards going forward, it's going to be years before most players see any change.

When I came back from a ~ 1 year break, the (new to me) SHIELD rank system looked a bit like an attempt to address the deficiencies in the daily resupply drops: here was a system that gave you significant quantities of iso as a reward for how much you played the game.

Of course, with the recent tweaks to how SHIELD rank XP is handed out, they're basically saying it isn't meant to reward play directly any more ...
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    1 std per 500 days played or bust.
    Always wear protection